The Cooper Spirits Company
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
The Cooper Spirits Co., founded in 2006 by the late Robert J. Cooper, a third-generation distiller, is an independent producer of innovative, integrity-driven spirits. The company was founded with the introduction of St-Germain, an artisanal French liqueur made from fresh elderflower blossoms, heralded as one of the most influential cocktail components of the last decade by the New York Times. Cooper Spirits produces a portfolio of artisanal products, including: Slow & Low, based on America’s original bottled cocktail, rock and rye, and made with aged straight rye, honey, navel oranges and a dose of rock candy and angostura bitters; Hochstadter’s Vatted Straight Rye Whiskey, the first rye whiskey to use the vatted designation; Hochstadter’s Family Reserve Straight Rye Whiskey, the first ultra-premium Hochstadter’s offering; Lock Stock & Barrel, one of the world’s finest expressions of 13, 16, 18 and soon to be released 20 year straight rye whiskey; and Crème Yvette, a rich berry liqueur handcrafted in France and called for by name in vintage cocktail books dating back to 1890. The Cooper Spirits Co. is based in Philadelphia, PA. For more information, please visit www.cooperspirits.com.
Cooper Spirits is seeking passionate Brand Ambassadors for various US markets. This position will primarily cover Boston and the surrounding cities/areas. The Brand Ambassador will be responsible for developing strong business relationships with image-oriented bars, lounges, restaurants, nightclubs, and retail outlets in order to drive distribution, visibility, endorsement of the Brands and depletions. The Brand Ambassador will work in their assigned region in both the on-premise and off-premise. This is not a desk position, but will require some office skills as this position will interact with both internal and external customers. Brand Ambassadors will report to the President.
- Build and sustain effective, professional relationships with all accounts.
- Form partnerships with key high-profile accounts to drive distribution, brand visibility, trial and depletions.
- Work in both On and Off Premise accounts, insuring the optimal presence and visibility of Cooper Spirits brands in the marketplace.
- Secure product distribution, positioning on bar and consumer trial.
- Drive drink menu and permanent POS placement.
- Serving as the face/spokesperson of Cooper Spirits in both On and Off-premise accounts, communicate deep product knowledge and to the trade and consumers.
- Hold educational sessions with the trade to increase brand awareness, brand loyalty, and overall goodwill for Cooper Spirits.
- Conduct tastings, promotions and interface directly with consumers.
- Participate in overall strategy development, tactical planning and execution of local marketing programs and regional hi-profile events.
- Identify, execute and monitor the success of promotional opportunities that grow depletion volume based on individual account needs.
- Hold product/brand educational seminars for wholesalers.
- Formal bi-monthly reporting of key performance metrics to the SVP of Sales.
- Continually maintain an updated target account list for new placement.
- Continually provide Regional Managers and the Marketing Team with account feedback and key insights and recommendations that will drive product placement and depletions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of the wine and spirits industry, specific knowledge and appreciation of premium spirits.
- Ideal candidate will have bartended or promoted in highly influential accounts.
- Must be a strong presenter with excellent overall communication skills possessing the ability to engage an audience.
- Ability to work in a team setting, interacting with key departments (i.e. sales, marketing, public relations, operations).
- Passionate and highly motivated, an independent self-starter with the ability to succeed in a high paced, high energy environment.
- Organizational skills with the ability to work out of home office.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Previous experience managing and tracking budgets.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- PC literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email).
- Knowledge of digital networking tools.
- Professional presence with social grace.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work and travel schedules, as weekends and extended workdays are necessary.
- Clean driving record and good credit history.
- Reports To President