The Chaat Company
Production and Manufacturing and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Who We Are:
In the bustling streets of India, you’ll find chaat, hundreds of mouth-watering fresh snacks that have fueled billions of people for generations. Think of them like Indian tapas. Served in roadside carts helmed by masters of bold flavors and textures, chaat is alive with crunch and spice and tang - and it's the next big thing in snacking!
We’ve trapped the flavors of chaat in fresh, grab & go snack packs inspired by our Founder's summer vacations in India as a kid. Popped chickpea chips smothered with a secret chaat masala paired up with a variety of fresh chutneys will leave your mouth bursting with new flavors. An Indian chip and dip – yep, brilliant. And we're bringing them to grab & go locations across the country - because we know YOU love flavor and demand more diversity in your snacking game.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Be the face of our brand in NYC while executing a variety of marketing, sales and brand building activities to drive trial of our snacks
- Be plugged into events happening in NYC and develop a quarterly calendar of marketing activities our brand should align with
- Sample our product weekly predominantly at Whole Foods but also at college and corporate events to drive sales and brand visibility. Most samplings are during weeknights and weekends.
- Build relationships with key influencers and VIP's in NYC and coordinate delivery of the the product to them
- Post on social media weekly including Instagram / Tik Tok or other relevant platforms about the brand and snacks in NYC life
- Work cooperatively with our local distributors to ensure key retailer relationships are maintained and assist in opening new retailer accounts through sales activities
- Be entrepreneurial and not afraid to make suggestions and offer up innovative ideas to build the brand in NYC
- Become an expert on our founder's immigrant brand story
- Be organized, providing weekly updates & reports directly to the Founder & CEO
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 2-3+ years of Field Marketing or promotional event experience with budget accountability ideally with a snack or CPG company
- Excellent communications skills. A people's person with an extremely outgoing personality
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision and prefer autonomy
- Strong business acumen, fiscal responsibility, relationship management skills, customer focus, and an internal drive for results
- Strong technology skills, specifically knowledge in Microsoft Office and Google Suite and a voracious social media user.
- Reports To CEO