Do you desire a career as a CDL Driver
? Do you want competitive pay and the most comprehensive benefit package in Albuquerque?
Do you have a desire to spend more time with your family? Our regular shifts are four (4) days a week. ten (10) hour days. Southern Wine & Spirits of New Mexico
has a wonderful opportunity for you.
We are looking for experienced drivers, with great and safe driving records that can handle our loads. If you have these qualities, are friendly and passionate about taking care of our customers, we want you to join our team. In return we'll offer you a competitive pay with automatic increases every six (6) months for the first two years
, and excellent benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, vision, disability & life insurance, and a matching 401k plan.
Job Requirements Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers. Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records. Read invoices, shipping memos, pick-up slips and other records to guarantee accuracy, completeness and proper condition of all orders delivered. Operate delivery equipment for which Department of Transportation requires a Commercial Driver License. Read and match customer purchase orders and invoices to company invoice. Deliver cases which may include use of hand truck, ramps, stairs or other function in the movement of cases. Handle and process COD deliveries and collect cash as required. Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route. Partner with dispatcher to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered. Address customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and/or shipments of incorrect product. Refer issues to appropriate SWS contacts as needed. Keep interior of truck organized and clean.Qualifications
- Must possess a valid, current Class A New Mexico driver license and acceptable DMV record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year driving experience.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Able to count and perform basic math with or without a calculator.
- Lifting and moving objects weighing 50 pounds on a regular basis from floor to shoulder level repetitively throughout shift.
- Ability to twist and turn, ability to use full range of peripheral vision and fine hand manipulations sufficient to safely drive New Mexico state and city streets.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time Occasionally able to lift up to 160 lbs. (full kegs) 3-4 feet onto a shelf.
- Walk, bend, sit, squat, twist, lift and carry on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Using a hand truck, must be able to push and pull up to 180 lbs. frequently throughout shift.
- Experience driving for the beverage industry.