CANarchy Craft Brewery CollectiveView Full Profile
About The Position
- Represents the brewery in a positive professional manner.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure a clear understanding of current and future beer releases, associated styles, and company culture.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with key retailers in the assigned territory.
- Communicates market trends and relevant sales data to brewery staff as well as distribution partners.
- Ensures that the brewery’s quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Uses distributor data and reporting tools to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
- Attends all brewery sales team meetings as required.
- Maintains an understanding of all legal restrictions regarding brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule as weekends and extended workdays are often necessary.
- Creates and executes promotions at current and potential customers, festivals, and events.
- Meets and maintain sales goals that are set quarterly with the Director of Sales.
- Travels within assigned territory.
- Utilizes and inputs daily activity into a sales management application.
- Communicates to and collaborates with the Market Manager, Regional Sales Manager, and the Sales Management Team.
- Enters daily market activity and weekly recap in Customer Relations Management software.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience with a beverage distributor or supplier.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the 3-tier system with the ability to balance between the demands of wholesaler management and retail execution.
- Knowledge of the craft beer and the beer industry.
- Knowledge of VIP, Lilypad, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Able to be a self-starter with a strong desire and ability to execute and win; able to mult-task.
- Have attention to detail and ability to complete tasks on time and independently.
- Be reliable and consistent and have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to pre-plan on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and consistently execute plans in a timely manner.
- Understand how to utilize tools such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Sales Data Reporting Software.
- Willingness to learn new skills and a strong desire to grow professionally with the company.
- Must be 21+ years old.
- Must have a good driving record and a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends and travel up to 30% of the time.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-25 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Reports To Regional Sales Director