Duvel Moortgat USA
1871-03-15View Full Profile
About The Position
Duvel Moortgat USA is internationally recognized as a leader in the high-end luxury beer segment. We are currently seeking a Market Manager to oversee the state of Virginia. The preferred candidate will live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Richmond area. Competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, medical/dental, 401k, and other benefits available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate activities of wholesalers within assigned area of responsibility, ensuring the implementation of all sales and marketing programs for the entire portfolio
- Motivate distributor management and sales force in order to achieve sales objectives, including the development and oversight of wholesaler incentive programming
- Focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines across distribution channels
- Identify core accounts that are not being penetrated with Duvel USA products and develop a plan to establish business with such accounts
- Collect data on distributor pricing, distribution, volume and general market information.
- Compile and submit reports required for the sales division
- Operate effectively within corporate and budgetary guidelines
- Conduct wait-staff/bartender educations, beer tastings and beer dinners
- Ensure proper merchandising of on- and off-premise accounts
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions as required
- Be responsible for the allocation and use of all point-of-sale materials
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key accounts both on and off-premise
- Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and consumption
- Train, schedule and manage 3rd party sampling teams
- Track and monitor progress in all identified accounts
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of malt beverages
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years malt beverage experience, preferably with at least one year at a wine or beer distributor
- Ability to interface with various levels of management, at wholesale as well as retail
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct staff trainings and evening functions.
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
- A competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- Willingness to travel overnight, reliable transportation and a good driving record
- Willingness and availability to work nights and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
- Reports To Regional Market Manager - Mid Atlantic