Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
The Merchandiser works with the sales departments to service and merchandise a defined account universe based on house and supplier marketing guidelines. Stocks shelves, rotates inventory according to account requirements, and builds displays with specific product brand merchandise. May organize backroom and inventory. Drives volume by insuring fresh, quality Breakthru Beverage products at retail wine customer accounts. Assists the Delivery team to unload product from delivery trucks at accounts.
- Maintains supplier POS and merchandising inventory by managing inventory status and organizing merchandise.
- Installs and builds displays by working with customers and sales management in the coordination of timing and location of displays.
- Meets delivery trucks at account to assist with the unloading of product into the retail customer account.
- Maximizes pull through of products by stocking shelves and displays (where legally permissible).
- Executes resets (cold box, shelf, back bar) by working with customers and sales management to coordinate timing and specifics of plan.
- Processes orders to draft department (where applicable) by communicating and filing necessary paperwork relevant to the requirements of the account.
- Manages all administrative functions that are applicable to point of sale (POS), to include but not limited to, POS requests, pickups and deliveries by filing all necessary paperwork.
- Participates in general sales meetings and one on one meetings with direct supervisor by preparing necessary recaps and gaining an understanding of company priorities.
- Assists in the preparation for meetings and events by working with all applicable departments to identify merchandising requirements, pulling the required POS and installing the merchandising materials as necessary.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Live and demonstrate the Company Values.
- 21 years or older to apply; HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Demonstrate and exhibit high levels of professionalism.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Perform job duties in an accurate, proficient and timely manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Rely on some instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Interact positively with internal and external individuals.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Position requires the use of a personal vehicle for route.
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds.
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.