Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Importer and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
- Beverage industry professional with a minimum of 3 years’ street sales experience with a supplier or distributor; wine or spirits background is preferred.
- Experience selling to multiple trade channels (Chain Grocery, Independent Retail and On Premise). Existing trade/account relationships preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and build confidence with distributor sales team and trade accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and strong presentation skills.
- Problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Ability to analyze and utilize available tools (Diver/Cognos, Nielsen…) that will identify opportunities and create sales.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- The DM's core responsibility is building strong professional relationships with trade accounts (both Off and On Premise); making sales presentations and closing sales.
- The DM is responsible for making such sales calls on their own as well as with the distributor sales team.
- The DM provides distributor direction on DFWS priorities when making sales calls.
- Identify market trends and needs and present tailored programs and ideas to Regional Manager that will impact sales.
- Ongoing education and training of distributor sales team on how to make effective sales calls using Feature and Benefits sales techniques.
- Implements and executes National Marketing programs and local tactical programs in the trade that will generate consumer pull. Responsible for calling on defined key account target list (both On and Off) and achieving specific executional objectives.
- Responsible for managing DFWS shelf position, display and cold box presence, and DFWS retail pricing standards.
- Build strong relationships with key distributor Sales Reps and Managers, motivate distributor sales team and capture DFWS disproportionate share of mind.
- Present trade observations to RM to help create added value trade and distributor sales programs that will impact sales.
- Identify, develop and cultivate relationships with distributor advocates (both Sales Reps and Sales Managers).