Position Open - Posted Friday, September 14th 2018
Director, Financial Planning and AnalysisNew York NY Senior Level Full Time Finance/Accounting
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Glossier is currently look for someone to build and lead the Financial Planning and Analysis Team. The leader of FP&A will be at the center of the way Glossier thinks about and builds its business. Specifically, the leader will be responsible for planning, forecasting, reporting, and decision support for the company. We are looking for an individual with the experience to build, lead, and develop this critical function for the company. This leader will be a key member of the Finance leadership team. They will drive the ongoing management of the business model, financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting working directly with the executive team.
- Serve as a financial resource to business partners through the company; and build a team of finance managers / analysts who operate from that perspective.
- Develop and maintain the three-year strategic financial plan and business model.
- Develop the annual financial plan and support the business in determining the associated metrics and KPIs that underpin the plan.
- Lead the budgeting process and the ongoing conversations with functional leaders to understand variances monthly.
- Develop a forecasting process that includes input from the functional heads and ensures closest to the pin results.
- Deliver weekly financial updates, monthly performance analyses and quarterly rolling forecast – acts as the financial steward of the P&L.
- Look for ways to continually improve the way the team and the company operates – striving for ongoing efficiency.
- Degree in something that suggests you love math (Economics, Accounting, Statistics).
- 15+ years of progressive experience within finance with at least 5-7 years of experience managing and leading the FP&A function.
- Strong finance skills coupled with the ability to build and lead high-performing teams.
- Willingness to operate as a player / coach; knows how to do work as much as how to coach others to do their best work.
- Possess world-class modeling and forecasting abilities and has a genuine enthusiasm around coaching others to be world class, too.
- Creativity to think beyond the numbers to build a culture of using to data to empower leaders to make great decisions.
- Ability to truly partner and support the organization in making data driven decisions.
- Understands the importance of being a functional expert while also creating systems and processes for other leaders to do their best work.
- Is courageous, curious and discerning in all things, and has a genuine love of the customer.
- Experience leading FP&A within a large-scale organization coupled with the experience of building a function and/or team from the beginning.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.