Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
Achieves company sales and distribution objectives, marketing and financial goals by organizing, directing, motivating and developing a team and by focusing a significant portion of time in the field, coaching associates and cultivating key accounts and by assisting in the Business Managers objectives which include pricing, programming, forecasting and vendor administrative interaction
- Manages team by coaching, performing all evaluations and overseeing performance management plans of Account Development Specialist (ADS).
- Ensures adherence to all BBG Work Rules and Corrective Action Policy standards by keeping associates responsible for standards and following the appropriate course of action in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with Human Resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process.
- Manages sales goal process by collaborating with Division and Business Manager to ensure goals are achievable, recommending changes when necessary, allocating goals by territory and sales representative, reviewing objectives with Field Sales Manager and Sales Representative and coaching team on how to meet objectives.
- Evaluates ADS’ performance weekly by analyzing territory level results versus the monthly objectives and conducting individual meetings to strategize on how to close any gaps.
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation by maintaining a frequent presence with strategic accounts and establishing relationships with key decision makers; assists Field Sales Managers in the resolution of account level problems and escalates customer challenges to the Division Manager when necessary.
- Follows BBG training policy and procedures by ensuring that the training manual components are completed in a consistent manner by all team members including conducting coaching calls, work-withs and associate reviews.
- Informs sales teams of company/supplier activities and contributes to the on- going education of sales associates by working with the applicable departments (Business Manager, In House Trainers) in the planning, preparation and execution of general sales meetings to effectively communicate programs, strategies, policies, sales and training objectives.
- Ensures that the sales staff has the appropriate selling tools for upcoming programs by reviewing goals, sales programs and applicable selling materials, identifying any gaps and working with the applicable department/associates (e.g. Business Manager, Marketing, Event Marketing, etc) to develop the necessary materials.
- Performs all necessary administrative functions by approving T&Es, invoices and samples, managing the divisional budget and validating sales goals and incentives monthly (authentication of achievement).
- Maintains balanced territories by assigning new accounts and reallocating accounts as needed to the ADS.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Must be able to:
- Excellent leadership capabilities with strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Motivate and develop a Team
- Excellent sales background with solid understanding of company selling procedures
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong communication skills: verbal, listening and written
- Capable of seeking out new ideas, exhibit initiative and be proactive
- Managing complex customer relationships
- Excellent Negotiation and Influencing Skills
- Strong competitive intelligence within the marketplace
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- 8 to 10 years’ industry experience
- An understanding of beer, wine and spirits is required.
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meets deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems including presentation software.
Physical Demands of Job:
- Frequent hand motion with answering and dialing phones and computer work
- Occasional carrying and lifting of 15 pounds to perform various office duties as assigned
- Occasional immediate reaching to perform various office duties as assigned
- Minimal overhead reaching to perform various office duties as assigned
- Occasional standing and walking for short amounts of time to perform various office duties
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.