Distributor and ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Dixie Brands – the Denver based pioneer and leader in handcrafted infused cannabis products – is looking for a data based story teller to help establish consumer and category insight as a core capability, differentiator and business driver. You will be naturally curious, with an insatiable desire to go deeper, to not only know ‘what’ and ‘why’ but also driving to the 'so what'! Equally comfortable using both, your left & right brain, you will be the expert, the single source of truth, insight and direction for a defined set of categories & product lines – how, when & why consumers are engaging, what competitors are doing, how our products stack up and where the category is heading. You will be able to navigate your way through that myriad of information, distilling it down to key insights & recommendations that will illuminate the path to victory, laying the foundation for everything we do – brand evolution, product renovation, new product development and of course our go to market strategies. Yes, we’re looking for a Unicorn. Does that sound like you? If so, we definitely want to talk!
The Consumer & Category Insights Manager is a strategic leader and trusted advisor to Brand & NPD teams, playing a leading role in establishing a culture of consumer centricity & data based decision making by using a variety of data sources, consumer, category & competitor analyses to uncover insights to fuel a product roadmap that accelerates category leadership & business growth.
- Insight Generation
- Be the expert on and champion of key consumer cohorts driving growth in selected product categories.
- Understand those consumer behaviors, usage & attitudes as well as emerging consumption trends to define actionable product strategies.
- Provide consumer, category & product based insight & direction cross functionally as the basis for true data based decisions.
- Category Analysis
- Analyze & communicate competitor strategies, products & selling stories (features & benefits) to ensure Dixie maintains its’ unparalleled production credentials & leadership.
- Identify future growth opportunities based on unmet consumer needs and category whitespace.
- Support new product launches with data driven, insight based selling stories and rationale.
- Work with brand & sales teams to optimize commercial performance and profitability via insight based channel & pricing strategies.
- Product Management
- Utilize consumer & category insights to plan & optimize product assortment including opportunities to renovate existing products (including formulation, packaging & product stories) &/or initiate new product development.
- Continuously challenge brand & operations on packaging & product related issues to maintain Dixie’s best in class product reputation.
- Own product specifications as the basis for product stories, marketing collateral, selling tools, education & training materials.
- Works closely with brand & NPD teams to manage overall product development process, timelines, milestones & deliverables.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Develop research summaries that inform, educate & excite key stakeholders, the broader organization and our trade partners.
- Work positively & collaboratively with key cross functional stakeholders.
Required Skills, Traits & Experiences:
- Analytic AND creative!
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize and formulate data based recommendations & presentations.
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, projects & workstreams.
- Excellent organizational & project management skills with a high attention to detail and follow through.
- 5 years in of Consumer Insights &/or Product Management experience.
- CPG experience a must.
- Reports To VP Marketing