Palm Bay International
OtherView Full Profile
About The Position
Palm Bay International, a dynamic family-owned company, offers one of the nation’s most comprehensive portfolios of imported wines and spirits, including over 50 suppliers from around the globe. Among Palm Bay’s most valued assets is its remarkable network of long-term partnerships with the foremost wholesale companies in all 50 states, as well as the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. With the crucial collaboration of these partners, Palm Bay’s portfolio is able to meet the needs of every level of the industry, from independent restaurants and retail stores, to chain accounts, supermarkets, hotels, airlines, cruise ships, duty-free accounts and U.S. military bases. This impressive roster of brands, accounts and relationships positions Palm Bay as a major source of fine wines and spirits and an industry leader in the U.S. marketplace. For more visit: www.palmbay.com.
Location: Seattle, WA
Position Overview: The State Manager will have the responsibility to manage the Palm Bay Portfolio within the Washington State market.
- Wholesale Distributor management
- Distributor Education
- Reaching state sales objectives while staying under company specified budget
- Calling on top On and OFF premise accounts in the state
- Ride alongs with sales reps to increase product knowledge, manage inventory vintages/rotation/purchasing
- Communicate market conditions with Southeast Regional Manager on a weekly basis
- Manage T&E budgets while covering all markets in South Florida.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and semiannual business meeting with Distributor managers.
- Prepare and execute Supplier Market Visits which include Distributor education and general sales meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years of distributor or supplier experience
- Wine retail sales experience preferred
- A foundation of wine intelligence and the ability to educate others
- Competitive and Charismatic personality
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Safe driving record
- Must be capable to run and read reports standard Distributor Reporting systems
Must be able to present in front of large groups of people.
Palm Bay offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), paid vacation, personal time off and 11 paid company holidays.
Palm Bay International is an equal opportunity employer.