Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
The Fine Wine and Spirit Specialist will develop and utilize selling techniques and skills to promote Fine Wine and Craft Spirits for a dedicated-on premise account base selling the New England Portfolio.
This position will be responsible for Fine Wine and Spirit growth with on premise owners/managers and is responsible for all management of the New England portfolio and driving growth in their account base.
Position works with key high-profile restaurants and CDI management for assigned accounts as it relates to surveying for on premise opportunities, creating pos, executing events, selling and staff training. Overall service responsiveness to accounts utilizing effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills, use of sound judgment, and effective analyzing of data.
- Selling: Drive Wine/Craft Spirits and brand building for New England Portfolio in a dedicated-on premise account base.
- Events: Responsible for performing frequent on-premise events to help activate brands in on premise accounts.
- Strong Customer Service: Building relationships and goodwill with the on-premise trade through tastings, building customer confidence and executing staff education.
- Planning and Reporting: Responsible for daily account visits and a Pre-Plan of activities. Daily recap of results and accomplishments to FSM and Division Manager. Build account portfolio awareness inside the account target universe.
- Training and Development: Maintain an up-to-date awareness on product information, menu standards, promotions, staff training, and industry trends. Maintain internal training.
- Develop relationships within accounts to achieve maximum distribution across accounts beverage program (i.e wine by the glass, wine by the bottle, menu mentions spirits list, features, cooking wine and well items.
- Achieve branded placement objectives for On Premise with effective pricing, POS and positioning.
- Increase velocity of sales of NE brands within targeted accounts through successful implementation of brand and portfolio initiatives.
- Provide staff training on new placements to increase sales of existing products as directed through marketing activities and events, conducting and consumer events (both formal and informal), brand promotions and experimental events.
- Strong knowledge of beverage alcohol industry to include:
- Compliance laws
- Brand Knowledge and Supplier Websites
- Current Reviews
- Brand Bullets
- Regulations and overall wholesaler interface in managing the Wine portfolio
- Minimum 2 years’ experience required in either Supplier or Distributor positions.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- · Maintains target accounts with the New England Portfolio, by effectively communicating marketing plans, pricing, maintaining relationships with influencers, presenting new wine and craft spirit products.
- · Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by utilizing and creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- · Understands company pricing and product programming information monthly by maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- · Produces consumer event pos, marketing pos by working with Brandmuscle or in house graphic department.
- · Produces sell sheets using technology tools that we offer to share with customers and the sales team (Seven Fifty, Supplier Web sites, Power Point and One Drive). ·
- Determines specific needs of individual accounts by analyzing account data and surveying for opportunities.
- · Executes in-house sales successes and in-house trainings when needed.
- · Facilitates accounts visits, dinners for dignitaries and supplier representatives by scheduling and preparing accounts to meet the expectations of suppliers and management.
- · Schedules and Plans weekly account visits.
- · Organizes a daily plan to execute sales results.
- · Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the supplier priorities and customers’ needs to include selling new product- utilizing the 8 steps to the sales call.
- · Follows up with accounts and CDI associates in a timely manner.
- · nderstands company pricing, posting and product programming information monthly by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- · Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
- · Ensures maximum visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- · Educates account staff on Focus Brands by administering instructional staff training seminars for dedicated account base.
- · Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- · Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands through a dedicated account base by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits.
- · Utilizes social media to promote activity in the market- place.
- · Works on achieving objectives on a given cycle
- · Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- · Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (BBG and Supplier Training Modules). ·
- Maintains professional relationships with supplier and winery personal
- · Obtains appropriate distribution and volume goals of supplier brands throughout account base by presenting and selling based on the brands features and benefits.
- · Contributes to team effort by assisting in special projects as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with Sales/Marketing Concentration or related work experience.
- Ability to build displays and or service accounts in a highly professional manner within company standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power Point.
- Ability to analyze information and make recommendations.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of energy, attention to detail and a positive attitude. Bi-lingual – Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds
- Overhead and immediate reaching to perform various duties
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.