Position Open - Posted Tuesday, October 9th 2018
Senior Buyer Planner - CommercializationSeattle WA Senior Level Full Time Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Purpose: Coordinate and procure the goods required to successfully launch all newly released products at Paula’s Choice in close partnership with the New Product Development (NPD) Team.
- Manage Purchase Orders, and resolve pre-production issues for launch of new products, executing a seamless transition to replenishment buyers.
- Execute BOMs for new product introduction ensuring that the supply base is adequately informed of their requirements and duties required are contained within their respective BOMs.
- Develop project plans using appropriate tools to implement a robust supplier reduction program, transitioning the supply base to a more agile, competitive, and cost effective environment, including participating in the new vendor review process
- Assist with cost negotiations for finished goods and lead negotiations for NPD items.
- Manage selected suppliers to ensure they are fully able to meet the requirements of Paula’s Choice with emphasis placed upon capacity planning, and ensuring that procurement is cost effective.
Requirements and Qualifications
- With a commercial focus, can operate cross functionally with R&D, Marketing and QA to ensure timely and cost effective product launches.
- Ability to review cost/quantity choices and make cost effective decisions.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using root/cause analysis and critical thinking
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Multitasking is required to handle multiple projects on time, meeting deadlines and commitments demonstrating initiative and follow through Proficient PC skills: Word and Excel
- Advanced Consumer Packaged Goods packaging knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Bills of Material and Planning Parameters required.
- 2+ years in procurement in a high pace manufacturing/contract manufacturing environment.
- Beauty Skincare/Personal Care experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required for Supplier visits, qualification, certification, and to establish/maintain good supplier relations.
Note: At any time, with or without notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change the position’s requirements.