Position Open - Posted Tuesday, June 12th 2018
Sales CoordinatorClackamas OR Entry Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Earth Mama makes effective, natural herbal care for the whole journey of motherhood: pregnancy, postpartum, breastfeeding, baby care or even the loss of a baby. From the positive test to the big push, from the first latch to the thousandth diaper, Earth Mama effectively supports the miraculous wonders and common indignities of motherhood with effective, natural herbal care. Trusted by doctors, midwives, neonatal intensive care units, lactation consultants and mamas worldwide, Earth Mama combines generations of women’s wisdom with traditional plant medicine to formulate certified organic herbal tea, soaps, balms, lotions, soothing sprays, and the first Non-GMO Project Verified nipple cream. And every Earth Mama products is rated ONE on the EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, the lowest hazard rating a product can achieve.
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for entering customer orders, responding to product information requests, entering credit requests, and promoting sales through events and Inside sales. Individual is also responsible for maintaining pricing, testing and assuring proper pricing for promotions and properly applying pricing information for promotions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for maintaining pricing in the database and vendor portals.
- Responsible for properly applying pricing information for promotions.
- Responsible for submitting and confirming proper pricing for all promotions has been submitted to accounts whenever applicable and vendor portals have been updated.
- Represent the company in an efficient, professional and courteous manner in all interaction with customers and consumers both internal and external
- Enter orders and credit requests sourced from telephone calls, fax, email, or mail into the appropriate database.
- Establish and maintain accurate records of non-order related customer communication.
- Determine policy-based resolutions to customer complaints or concerns, take corrective action and monitor results.
- Be familiar with location of product information resources in order to answer customer and consumer product questions within policy guidelines; follow protocol for appropriate referrals.
- Be familiar with scheduled promotions, prepared to discuss same with reps and customers, and introduce to customers as directed.
- Participate and pursue continuing educational and policy-oriented training appropriate to job responsibilities.
- Self-evaluate and accept management evaluation of performance for continued growth based on established metrics.
- Perform other duties within the department as determined by the supervisor.
- Collect documentation and setup new accounts in conjunction with the Sales Department. Participate in the identification of preventable error trends, assist in the development of preventative plans, and monitor the resolution results.
- Requires an understanding of sales, data processing systems, effective telephone techniques, strong computer and data entry skills and the ability to answer customer questions and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that distribution, promotional, merchandising and pricing/margin goals are delivered for the accounts and for the key accounts within the region, including the following:
- Reach distribution drive goals/ACV whenever applicable
- Actively fill distribution voids
- Identify promotional opportunities
- Set 3-5 specific objectives for each sales call
- Upsell key account promotions
- Achieve new item distribution targets
- Actively sell displays
- Use reports and all other sales reports to identify opportunities to increase sales in the territory
- Utilize Marketing materials to gain brand recognition
- Make outbound Sales Calls to open territories as defined
- Provide appropriate reports as required.
- Create an effective organization system.
- Help to plan/execute educational events/trade shows per SLT direction, and to ensure post-event follow up-maximizes the opportunities; attend events whenever appropriate.
- Complies with company policy and procedure at all times.
- Evaluation & appraisal of new wholesale applications, adhering to appropriate standards and guidelines. Prepare documentation for international shipments
- EMAB Coordinators are required to complete on-going education
- Participate in scheduled one on one’s weekly with Customer Service & Sales Manager and participate in Sales/team meetings
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Responsibilities:
Ensure any feedback from sales personnel regarding known or perceived quality issues of products is relayed to Customer Service & Sales Manager /CEO/President for further investigation.
Indicators for Success/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Achieve targeted sales goal (quarterly and annually)
- Meet or exceed new item distribution goals
- Meet or exceed distribution drive goals (existing items, quarterly)
- Meet or exceed weekly call and activity goals
- Includes departmental KPIs indicated on Annual Strategic Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree and/or 3 years demonstrated skills/results in Sales/Customer Service
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of cross-functional teams
- Ability to spend time in the field when applicable, including some overnights
- Acute attention to detail and high professional standards
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to tackle changing priorities and multiple deadlines with enthusiasm
- Strong desire to learn and grow with a fast paced, mission-driven organization
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clearly and simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to be able to view a computer screen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service/Sales: 3 years