Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
Connecticut Distributors Inc. is hiring for a Fine Wine and Spirits Specialist. The Fine Wine and Spirit Specialist will develop and utilize selling techniques and skills to promote Fine Wine and Spirits for a dedicated retail account base selling the New England Portfolio.
This position will be responsible for Fine Wine and Spirit growth with store owners/managers and is responsible for all management of the New England portfolio and driving growth in their account base.
Position works with key retailers and CDI management for assigned accounts as it relates to merchandising, marketing, store tastings, selling and training. Overall service responsiveness to accounts utilizing effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills, use of sound judgment, and effective analyzing of data.
- Selling: Drive Wine and brand building for New England Portfolio in a dedicated account base.
- Merchandising: Responsible for performing frequent store visits with the frequency outlined by manager for top accounts in marketplace.
- Strong Customer Service: Building relationships and goodwill with the trade and distributors through tastings and staff education.
- Planning and Reporting: Responsible for daily account visits and a Pre-Plan of activities. Weekly recap of results and accomplishments to FSM and Director. Build account portfolio awareness inside the target universe.
- Training and Development: Maintain an up-to-date awareness on product information, merchandising standards, promotions, advertising, and industry trends. Maintain internal training.
- Develop relationships within accounts to achieve maximum distribution across the New England portfolio.
- Achieve branded placement objectives for Off Premise with effective pricing, POS and positioning.
- Increase the velocity of sales of NE brands within targeted accounts through successful implementation of brand and portfolio initiatives.
- Provide staff training on new placements to increase sales of existing products as directed through marketing activities and events, conducting and managing consumer tastings (both formal and informal), brand promotions and experimental events.
Strong knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry to include:
- Compliance laws
- Brand Knowledge and Supplier Websites
- Current Reviews
- Brand Bullets
- Regulations and overall wholesaler interface in managing the Wine portfolio
- Minimum 2 years’ experience required in either Supplier or Distributor positions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably with Sales/Marketing Concentration or related work experience.
- An understanding of wine and/or spirits is required with related channel experience preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to use diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be a detail and results-oriented, deadline-driven professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team.
- Strong accounting skills, and proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
- The position requires the use of a personal motor vehicle and a valid driver's license.
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds
- Overhead and immediate reaching to perform various duties
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.