Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
To achieve territory sales, merchandising and execution plans through effective training coaching and motivation of assigned Distributors.
- Service retail accounts within an assigned territory along with the responsibility for the day to day interface with the bakery department at store level
- Through consultative selling understands customer needs, business goals and objectives in order to optimize business results
- Provide Gold Standard service to all customers; maintain a full in-stock position 7 days a week; conduct regular business reviews with customers
- Knowledge of category/ inventory management due to the importance of freshness in the commercial bakery industry
- Strong analytical skills (For example: volume forecasting for long weekends and holidays as well as planning daily needs of customers)
- Delivery of consistent sales execution plans in a territory
- In-Store Merchandising: ensure appropriate space to sales of products; adheres to company plan-o-grams; successfully launch new skus in territory
- Participate in recruiting, training and development of Independent Distributors
- Create a productive work environment through effective communication, listening, motivation, organization and follow-up through effective “work withs” and Independent Distributor meetings
- The ability to coach and lead Independent Distributors to provide consistent optimal customer service and to identify and execute account development opportunities (For example: incremental space, displays, distribution and new product launches)
- Establish, monitor and maintain service frequency patterns for all assigned stores in a given territory
- Participate in route re-engineering for territory as required
- Meet or exceed plans/targets with respect to sales volume and returns for the territory
- Meet or exceeds goals for account development with respect to profit targets, distribution, promotion and merchandising
- Strengthen customer relationships
- Improved field execution through stronger performance driven Independent Distributor Network
- Ambassador for Voortman
- High performing team player
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- University or College degree/ diploma; 1-3 year consumer goods sales experience; DSD experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Selling Skills: the ability to identify opportunities, set goals and execute against plan to achieve these goals
- Computer Skills: proficient at Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook
- Supervision: Builds commitment and teamwork while maintaining a creative and positive work environment
- Flexible and Adaptable: Open to new ideas and approached, can adjust to priorities as conditions change
- Problem Solving: Proactive use of information and resources, demonstrates a sense of urgency
Ethics and Values
- Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times;
- Acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others;
- Practices what he/she preaches
- Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done
- Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently
Managing and Measuring Work
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions;
- Sets clear objectives and measures;
- Monitors process, progress, and results;
- Designs feedback loops into work.
- Can formulate and deliver proposals to solve issues.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers in a timely and responsive manner.
- Builds and nurtures high-quality customer relationships based on mutual respect.
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses
- If effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool date and hot and controversial topics
- Commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation
- Can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working
Building Effective Teams
- Blends people into teams when needed;
- Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work;
- Defines success in terms of the whole team;
- Creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best;
- Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her;
- Pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility;
- Makes each individual feel their work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging;
- Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning;
- Seizes more opportunities than others.
Confronting Direct Reports
- Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester;
- Regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions;
- Can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail;
- Deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits eligible upon hire!
Benefits eligible upon hire!
- Reports To Regional Manager