Position Open - Posted Thursday, October 11th 2018
Director of ProcurementMarion OH Senior Level Full Time Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Reports to: CFO/Senior VP Finance
- Number of Reports: 3-4
About The Position
Wyandot is a national manufacturer of great tasting, better-for-you, plant-based snack foods. Founded in 1936, we are over 80 Years proud!
With our focus on better-for-you products, consumers have a healthier choice when buying snacks for themselves and their families. We produce great tasting and award winning products for leading and emerging branded food businesses, including first-to-market chickpea puffs and baby snacks, ready-to-eat popcorn for a national theatre chain, weight maintenance products, and snacks under the Incredi-Puffs and Munch Rights brands.
Our team-based culture is committed to customer success, sustainability, and excellence, with a need for teammates who are passionate about innovation, quality, reducing waste, and finding ways to add value.
Our growth plan is to double in size over the next three to five years, including additional locations throughout the US. If you are looking for a company that can provide a great work environment, opportunities to contribute to our success immediately, as well as
Join our growing team, where we recognize the vital importance of everyone in the organization. Regardless of the task, we all work together and realize that each link is as important as the next.
Director of Procurement
Director of Procurement
· Develops, implements, and directs policies, systems, and processes to control and manage inventory.
· Directs the purchasing function in developing vendor partnerships to obtain materials at the lowest cost consistent with standards of quality and service.
· Directs the purchasing department, the coordination of production materials, supplies, and services. Supports the establishment of strategic partnerships, and the maintenance of fair and ethical purchasing policies and practices.
· Will be responsible for a portion of these activities personally, including, but not limited to, packaging film, corrugated, ingredients, and other raw materials.
· Participates as needed in project activities with other departments, customers, and/or suppliers.
· Establishes and maintains a positive employee relations culture. Improves the managerial and technical skill of subordinates through training and coaching.
· Efficiently manages Materials Department costs through the O F & R budgeting process.
· Maintains awareness of the commodities with the Commodities Manager, President and CFO via market research and analysis of market trends.
· Travels to customers and suppliers as needed.
· Monitors and minimizes days on hand (DOH) through planning and coordination with sales, operations, customers, and suppliers.
· Manages third party manufacturers, development of business agreements, placing orders and ensuring compliance via receipt of all documentation related to food safety.
· Communicate via telephone or email with internal and external customers.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of BA/BS degree in business or related field required.
· A minimum of ten years’ experience in materials management.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial role.
· Experience in production planning, including MRP, is mandatory.
· Must have knowledge of material/purchasing management in a high volume, consumer product environment.
· Must have knowledge of film and corrugate consumer packaging and agricultural commodities.
· Strong background in automated MRP, EDI and internet systems.
· Strong background in Microsoft Word and Excel skills are essential.
· Must possess excellent human relations and leadership skills.
· Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in English in both verbal and written form.
· Must demonstrate and promote the company's core values: Success of our customers, being good stewards of our environment and resources, reducing our carbon footprint and waste, passion for innovation and quality, enhancing the lives of our teammates and communities, valuing the safety of our food and our teammates, cultivating a team-based culture that treats everyone with dignity and respect, solid customer-partner relationships built on trust and mutual benefit, generating value for our shareholders, teammates, and stakeholders.
· Purchasing expertise