Position Open - Posted Thursday, August 2nd 2018
Brand Marketing Manager, New Product Development & CommercializationNovato California Mid-Level Full Time Marketing
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: VP of Marketing
About The Position
Who we are:
Navitas (NahV’-tas) is Latin for energy, and it certainly describes how we operate. We’re a fast moving, hard-working, friendly crew who care about our team just as much has we care about the superfood plants that feed and sustain us. Fast growth means hard work and the need for lots of superfoods. Our blenders are always mixing up superfood concoctions to keep us going and we take every opportunity to tell you about the benefits of our many products. We cultivate an environment where we each get a chance to be ourselves and do the work we enjoy. We like to eat superfoods and practice yoga at the office just as much as we love a good sports game and happy hour. Most importantly, we are all aligned around premium, organic superfoods we create and making them available to more people. Our team of over 100 is based in Marin County, California, just 20 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Our 50+ products are now sold at more than 5,00 stores in the US, Canada and abroad.
The Brand Manager of New Product Development & Commercialization manages the product development pipeline from concept to commercialization, they develop product briefs, analyze market opportunities and work with a cross functional team to bring products through a complete launch cycle. This role is responsible for the status of budget, contracts and timelines related to new product development projects. The Brand Manager works with the VP of Marketing and other members of the brand and sales teams to develop the product launch plan and product messaging including measuring performance post launch. The role incorporates strategic planning, project management, packaging development, consumer research, contractor management, vendor relations, business analysis and consumer marketing.
- Strategic Planning - Assist in developing a short and long-term product development timeline that represents our brand as a pioneer in the superfood space and also caters to current consumer needs.
- Responsibilities include: NPD strategic planning, analyzing market data pre and post launch, maintaining product development pipeline timelines and deliverables and executing a market launch plan.
- Project Management- Develop overall project timelines around key marketing initiative. Help ensure open communication and smooth workflow between marketing and cross-functional divisions (e.g., sales, operations, graphics). Develop new products from concept to commercialization using the gate process, facilitating cross functional communication on project status, holding cross functional team members accountable for deliverables and moves team toward accomplishing established deadlines and goals.
- Manage junior team members or outside contractors or vendors as related to NPD needs and projects.
- Build launch plans for the marketplace including developing talking points, launch decks, sales tools, facilitating recipe development. training aides and training materials.
- Business Analysis- Monitor and analyze branded and competitive activity by utilizing point of purchase data (SPINS), including distribution, sku performance, pricing, and category trends. Monitor sales activity, work with the Data Analyst to analyze results and identify areas of risk and opportunities. Develop recommendations based on findings.
- Marketing Mix- Present marketing initiatives (consumer and trade) for new products. Assist in development and execution of the annual marketing plans to increase sales, product awareness, velocity and profitability. Builds sales decks and sell in materials for new products. Ensure compliance with brand standards along various points of execution and plan development.
- Budget- Manage marketing budget as it relates to NDP process and marketing of new products. Evaluate ROI for program opportunities, make recommendations for reallocation of funds throughout the year based on priorities and current insights.
- Creative Development: Help manage the graphic team’s activities and projects, providing direction for necessary marketing materials and packaging development. Manage product packaging process and timeline based on production needs.
- Passionate about natural food products, our consumers and superfoods. Inspired by Navitas Organics brand positioning and look and feel.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Brand Marketing.
- 1-3 years of consumer-packaged goods brand management experience (Natural Foods space preferred)
- 1-3 years’ experience in Product Development or Product Commercialization
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Understanding of the following areas: packaging, advertising, promotions, coupons, point-of-sale marketing
- Familiarity with traditional trade channels: natural, food, drug, mass, club
- Experience working with point of purchase data (Spins, Nielsen, IRA)
- Experience managing multiple projects from concept through completion while working with various, cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget with limited direction
- Experiencing leading the creative process, writing copy and giving creative direction to a team
- Highly organized with strong, proven project management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, innovate, multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, can be scrappy, creative & resourceful while also building structure and process.
- Hands-on team player who can also operate independently
- Self-confident, collaborative, knowlegeable and an analytical thinker
- Ability to handle daily work details accurately, as well as other projects, and dive-in and learn the business
- Our Values, in word and deed