Position Open - Posted Wednesday, October 17th 2018
Associate Merchant, Wines & SpiritsNew York New York Mid-Level Full Time eCommerce
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range: 60-65k
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to:
About The Position
Recipe for Success The Associate Merchant, Wines & Spirits is responsible for the day to day replenishment functions for the category as well as analysis of pricing and product movement. In addition to ensuring that inventory is available at all warehouse locations and in optimized quantities, this role will work closely with the Wine & Spirits merchandising team on forecasting inventory needs for promotions, analyzing and acting on opportunity buys and vendor analysis. This role will liaise daily with vendor reps as well as receiving, inventory control and AP teams to ensure all orders and invoices are processed and reconciled accurately and in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have experience and a strong understanding of Inventory Control, and Supply Chain Replenishment methods and vendor delivery management.
- Daily management of purchase orders for all vendors as well as warehouse transfers and back hauls
- Running daily reporting in SAP and BI applications.
- Work with merchants to forecast and replenish in accordance with promotional plans and vendor opportunity buys
- Follow up with suppliers on product deliveries, out of stock issues, pricing issues
- Schedule goods pickups and returns with suppliers
- Work with warehouse teams to ensure products are received timely and accurately
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies with vendors and Inventory Control team for both on and offsite inventory
- Validate vendor invoices to ensure correct purchasing price
- Manage vendor’s monthly pricing schedules and work with Merchandising team to adjust selling prices based on cost changes or overstock
- Periodic review of SKU movement, pricing and promotional effectiveness to ensure conformity to merchandising plan
- Coordination with Brooklyn wine store and FoodKick re: pricing and inventory movements
Key ingredients –
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline with specialized data analytics and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in a repetitive replenishment environment
- Experience in manufacturing / distribution / retail replenishment required
- Advanced MS Office/Excel skills
- Excellent math skills
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Experience with Business Objects a plus
- Any ERP based system experience is preferred
- Consumer retail purchasing/replenishment experience preferred
- Attention to detail, including analytically minded approach to problems
- Ability to execute business critical day to day operational tasks
- Strong organizational and communication skills and continuous follow up ensure completion of required tasks
- Must possess a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Financial acumen and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Spanish, a plus Basic knowledge or passion of wine and spirits categories and products a plus
- SAP experience in queries and managing material master is preferred but will train
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.