About The Position
Zevia is the leading zero calorie, naturally sweetened beverage brand. In addition to soda, we have introduced Energy, Mixers and Organic tea lines to our portfolio. Zevia is a fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment; full of fiercely passionate and talented people determined to work together, have fun and change the beverage game.
The Planner reports to the Director, Supply Planning and has the primary responsibility of planning finished goods production and ensuring raw material availability to support the production schedule. As a planner, you will be assigned a group of production facilities to plan and support Zevia needs for product produced at those facilities. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, supporting raw materials/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with internal and external supply chain needs, co-packers & suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan and schedule finished goods production by flavor, by location that supports the demand forecast.
- Plan raw material requirements to support planned productions for all production locations.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems.
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes.
- Manage transfers of finished goods or materials between co-pack and/or warehouse locations.
- Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Review inventory levels daily to ensure that supply is adequate to meet daily changes in demand from new orders.
- Support all new product launches, ensuring timelines are met.
- Use company system (NetSuite) to process key inventory transactions including receipts, production builds, transfers and adjustments.
- Ensure that inventory transactions are accurate.
- Collaborate with all departments regularly to ensure lines of communication remain open.
- Analyze Days of Supply and Demand Forecast for right product in time in the right location.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain planning.
- Hands on experience with Operations or Mechanical processes a plus.
- Food, beverage or similar industry experience a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, Power Point, Word, Excel NetSuite, SAP etc.
- Excellent listener – delivers on the requested deliverable correctly the first time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Good deductive reasoning.
- Must have good organizations skills.
- Time Management
- Works well with a diverse group of team members
- Excellent communication
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Ensures quality of output
- Good deductive reasoning
- ERP System Proficient
- Leadership Ability
Required Education and Experience
Minimum 5 years in supply chain planning or as a buyer/planner/scheduler in a consumer product goods or manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred, but not required
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. Prior Experience would be a value
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position does not require travel but may require some for cross training and development.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified job candidates and employees. To that end, Zevia maintains a workplace free of discrimination and harassment on the basis of an individual’s race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including childbirth and breastfeeding), medical condition, national origin, ancestry, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), civil union status, familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, caregiver status, citizenship status, immigration status, Civil Air Patrol status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.