About The Position
Come join our team as a Financial Reporting Manager! We are growing rapidly and are seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to help support the high growth rate of our dynamic business.
Zevia is a company that makes zero calorie, naturally sweetened beverages, and is located in Los Angeles, CA. We are growing rapidly and are seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to help support the high growth rate of our dynamic business. As a leader in the movement to help consumers reduce excess sugar consumption, Zevia is a mission-driven company. We have a progressive culture, led by an empowered team of employees whose goal is to be the best we can be, while enjoying every moment we are at work.
Under the direction of Zevia’s Director of FP&A, the Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for quarterly and annual external financial reporting to the SEC, consolidation and chart of accounts maintenance, technical accounting research and will administer our equity compensation program and ensure accurate record-keeping of all equity data. The role requires a thorough understanding of financial reporting including US GAAP and SEC filing requirements. This role will leverage a technical accounting background to research new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of various transactions as well as support quarterly review and annual audit processes. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to partner effectively with stakeholders across the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation of internal and external financial reports, including reports filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q, 10-K, proxy statements, earnings releases along with related XBRL requirements.
- Partners with legal, investors relations and key operation stakeholders to draft MD&A various sections of Forms 10-K and 10-Q
- Responsible for oversight of consolidation and intercompany transactions and processes including non-controlling interest
- Prepare and organize the necessary deliverables for quarterly reviews and annual audit of financial statements by external auditors
- Monitors and researches FASB and SEC activities to identify potential rule changes that may impact the company, updates disclosures for the impact of these new pronouncements to ensure complete disclosures in filings.
- Authors technical accounting memorandums for new or significant transactions and provide guidance to other members of the Accounting and Finance teams.
- Perform quarterly and annual goodwill and indefinite assets impairment analysis
- Responsible for reviewing monthly actual account reconciliation variance analysis
- Manage equity rollforward, earnings-per-share and equity-based compensation calculations and communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and maintain accurate equity data reporting for internal and external reporting
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Knowledgeable and adheres to SOX documentation requirements
- Assist with the automation of current processes with the goal of freeing up time to a focus on value-added analysis
Competencies and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a qualitative discipline.
- CPA required
- Mix of private and public (i.e., Big 4 Accounting or similar) experience preferred.
- 4+ years technical accounting and external reporting experience required
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge including SEC disclosure requirements
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance
- Independent, self-starter - able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction.
- Superior organization & attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities at this time, but the individual will serve as coach and mentor to others. Consistent with Zevia’s high growth, direct report(s) may be added in the future.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
No travel is required
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified job candidates and employees. To that end, Zevia maintains a workplace free of discrimination and harassment on the basis of an individual’s race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including childbirth and breastfeeding), medical condition, national origin, ancestry, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), civil union status, familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, caregiver status, citizenship status, immigration status, Civil Air Patrol status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.