Director of Retention
Remote or Los Angeles Office About Yumi
Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We've also backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You'll have access to Yumi's extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
If you're stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we'd love to add you to the YUMI family.In your position, you will:
We're looking for someone with:
- Define the retention marketing vision at Yumi with clear objectives, actionable KPIs, and a strategic roadmap towards these goals
- Lead all CRM and retention marketing efforts around lead optimization, membership growth, increasing engagement, LTV expansion through upsell and cross sell efforts, referral program optimization, passive and active churn management, and winback strategies
- Establish Looker dashboards and reporting to monitor lifecycle program efforts as well as progress towards key growth and retention metrics
- Partner closely with Engineering to continually optimize and enhance our current event taxonomy, user traits, and cohort management within our CDP / ESP and various marketing platforms
- Work closely with the Engineering & Digital Product teams to assess and implement the most appropriate technology (whether external or internal) to support retention/CRM strategy across MarTech stack eco-system
- Own and lead data enrichment strategies and execution (in partnership with Brand and Engineering) to ensure we have the data needed to succeed.
- Successfully drive full life-cycle optimization through data driven multi-channel campaigns.
- Significantly increase the Active marketable first-party database on behalf of the brand.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to develop promotional strategies, marketing calendar, audience management, and product roadmap to continually grow our membership program, increase engagement and drive LTV
- Deliver quarterly competitive analysis of email, SMS, referral/affiliate, etc. marketing to ensure we are leading trends in market.
- Collaborate with the Creative team to develop a deep understanding of what resonates with our customers and optimize content/messaging accordingly
- Work closely with Consumer Insights, Finance, and Merchandising teams to analyze and assess efficacy of initiatives and how they are supporting larger organizational goals
- Constantly stay informed with best in class retention practices, including 1:1 personalization, triggers, email deliverability, send frequency, subject line best practices and best-in-class creative approaches to refine and improve all email & customer retention KPI's
- 8+ years of successful, diverse and progressive ecommerce/online marketing experience
- Minimum 5 years of direct CRM experience, managing and executing email programs for consumer products with a major e-commerce brand/company. Big plus if you have experience with recurring revenue or subscription service companies
- Email Service Provider or CRM platform experience (E.g.Iterable, Braze, Cordial, Responsys, Adobe Campaign)
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical thinking skills with a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics through data visualization platforms
- Experience with A/B testing and more complex communication testing required
Yumi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) in all our employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, creed, ancestry, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity/gender expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.