Young's Market Co.
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
This position will receive cash, checks or credit card payments from licensed retail customer and employees in payment for goods sold at Express Stores. You maximize the sale of supplier brands to licensed retail customers through effective account management and communication resulting in the achievement of company and supplier programs and objectives.
- 1-year retail experience. Strongly prefer grocery or liquor.
- 1-year merchandising experience.
- 2-years cash handling experience. Requires ability to perform simple math functions, calculate discounts, percentages, and volumes.
- Strong sales skills and the ability to ensure customer satisfaction while performing assigned duties within a retail store environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer-service skills with emphasis on building partnerships.
- Physical requirements involve the ability to stand for a prolonged period of time, able to regularly bend, squat and reach overhead.
- Able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends. Excellent communication, negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues and customers.
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 21+ years of age.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a welcoming helpful environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, exchanging names, maintaining outstanding standards, demonstrating solid product knowledge and meeting all other components of company’s customer service guidelines.
- Meet or exceed sales goals/quotas and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise presentations, and signage is current and displayed properly.
- Responsible for a clean store that includes fixtures, shelves, baskets, desks, tasting bar, register counters, kitchen, conference room, backroom, bathroom and floor according to company policy.
- Document return of damaged, breakage and spoilage, or discontinued products.
- Operate the cash register, accept payment, make change, provide receipts, perform end of day process and daily reconciliation.
- Adhere to company procedures for cash handling, inbound & transfer of products, invoicing, will calls & samples, and security & safety.
- Communicate effectively with Express Store Manager and peers.
- Perform retail duties including but not limited to merchandise, physical inventory, unloading truck shipments, verifying orders are correct, stocking shelves with product, and general office tasks.
- Prepare daily sales and weekly inventory reports.
Communication Skills: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, credit memos, statements, email communications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. This position further requires the ability to speak effectively before managers, customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Ability: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
- Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
- Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.
Enjoy a career with us!