Young's Market Co.
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
The Manager, Account Executive will maximize the sale of supplier brands to the retail trade and consumers in parts of California, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. This is accomplished through effective chain account management, sales execution, category management and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives. This position will also supervise one or more Fine Wine & Spirit Sales Representatives.
- Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
- Have extensive knowledge of, and the ability to develop and use strategies, practices, and tools for exploring and capitalizing on potential areas for growth of a retail business.
- Meet and develop effective working relationships with assigned chain accounts in multiple states, at all necessary levels and with all necessary departments.
- Establish and maintain productive supplier and key customer relationships.
- Secure and process orders in a timely manner.
- Develop KPIs to monitor performance versus objectives with knowledge of the market and the company’s business goals in an effort to develop brand objectives.
- Adhere to forecasting commitments and dates.
- Handle billing issues in a timely, accurate and effective manner and follow up with all concerned parties.
- Understand the company’s business objectives, supplier’s brands and their positioning within the marketplace.
- Effectively present the entire company portfolio and drive results of all company and supplier initiatives within assigned account(s).
- Present ad, pricing, floor and shelf merchandising recommendations and programs to attain the company and supplier goals with sufficient lead time for chain account execution.
- Sell concepts and consult with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Understand the principles of category management and utilize the approach to produce consumer focused marketing plans.
- Define the categories, target specific consumers, plan merchandising efforts, implement strategies and evaluate results using category management principles within assigned account(s).
- Plan and organize sales research into effective account activity, promotions, assortments and displays within all assigned account(s).
- Develop sales arguments which are data driven and commercially viable to decision makers.
- Organize, analyze and communicate market information utilizing the appropriate technology and methods.
- Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.
- Communicate agreed upon headquarter program initiatives to field sales teams to achieve best-in-class execution for assigned account(s).
- Develop expectations for merchandising programs sold at chain headquarters; monitor and follow up with merchandising groups on their results against programs.
- Analyze chain price surveys to find price issues and take actions to correct.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records for all assigned accounts.
- Complete and submit prompt and accurate reports.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry is required.
- At least one year of supervisory experience is required.
- At least one year working as an Account Executive in the alcohol beverage industry is required.
- Previous experience working with Costco is highly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Have the knowledge and skills to utilize computer software programs for support in the sales effort.
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- Ability to develop an effective partnership with all assigned accounts.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
- This job requires air travel (up to 40%).
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record
- This job requires the use of your personal vehicle of which you will be reimbursed for business related driving expenses.
- This job requires a person to be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to sell, work with and around alcoholic beverages.
Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.
Enjoy a career with us!