About The Position
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
3k Sign-On Bonus!
This position is assigned to a specific set of accounts in a defined geography. Accounts include, but may not be may limited to, luxury hotel properties, private country clubs and restaurants that specialize in fine dining. Develops new prospects and maintains contact with customers to sell the company’s products, with primary focus on luxury wines, craft spirits and craft beers. Solicits and receives orders for products primarily in person, with back-up support by phone, and uses company provided technology to maximize sales opportunities. It is anticipated and expected that the employee will spend the majority of their time on site with customers and potential customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Territory Management - Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts and builds productive, long term relationships with key decision makers, focusing primarily on in-person interactions
- While responsible for selling the entire Wine Warehouse book, focuses most sales efforts against luxury wine, artisanal spirits and craft/import beer portfolios
- Follows the Company policies for price quotes and availability of product to customers
- Responsible for a specific set of goals and objectives within our Luxury portfolio of brands in short term (30-60 days) as well as annual. These goals will be both distribution and volume focused
- Develops sales and marketing opportunities within their accounts to grow the awareness of our brands through face-to-face consumer engagement, staff education and brand advocacy. Partners with our Suppliers and internal Category resources to bring these concepts to life
- Works in collaboration with sales management and internal category resources to achieve pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives
- Develops new accounts through cold-call visits with prospective new on premise accounts that feature luxury beverage alcohol
- Attends scheduled team and general sales meetings, including educational seminars on new or existing products
- Reviews and is responsible for product orders, sales activities, commission reports, invoices on products ordered, monthly mileage and expense account (if applicable)
- Works with customers and the credit department to collect current and past due invoices
- Follows ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) regulations to be in compliance
- Performs will-call activities when required: Picking up product and delivering the product to customers
- Investigates customer complaints to ensure resolution of product delivery and pricing accuracy
- Responsible for timely response (within 24 hours) on all communications within the company or with outside business sources
- Advanced product knowledge through accredited industry groups, including, but not limited to the following: WSET Level II, Certified Specialist of Wine, Court of Master Sommeliers Certification, Certified Cicerone
- Proven track record of success with luxury import and domestic wine, artisanal spirits and craft beer
- Established business relationships with customers within assigned account list is preferred
- Two to four years selling experience in the beverage alcohol industry, preferred experience in on premise sales or hospitality
- Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, Innovative and proactive - can deliver impactful sales results across a wide array of concepts within each account
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of attention to detail and high personal standards of performance
- Progressive sales experience preferably in the beverage industry
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 miles radius of the territory is preferable
- Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Visiting an average of 8-10 accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Handling will-calls: Receiving product from our warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
- Handling Draft Accounts. (moving kegs in cold room)
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing required.
- Re-stocking existing displays with new merchandise and replenishing cold boxes from product on display, which requires work above the shoulders.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- 65k Base + Commission (OTE 90-100k)
- Auto Reimbursement and cell phone allowance
- Our benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) matching, PTO and 8 company paid holidays.
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.