About The Position
Coordinate the successful operation of our Exams receiving center in Hartford, CT and provide local support to the Americas for WSET exams-related issues.
Exams Coordinator - Americas
Operations Manager, WSET Americas (solid), Examinations Manager, WSET Global (dotted)
The Exams Coordinator - Americas is a member of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Americas organization, with functional responsibilities within the global Exams team. Based in Hartford, CT, USA, the Exams Coordinator– Americas coordinates the successful operation of our Exams receiving center and provides local support to the Americas for exams-related issues.
Key Result Areas:
- Exams Administration
- Support the administration and delivery of exams via CBT as required
- Promptly action customer enquiries while maintaining customer service standards
- Promptly and accurately receive and log paper-based exams returned to the department
- Check all returned documentation and control sheets and report any anomalies to the Examinations Manager, making corrections to candidate registrations as required
- Undertake scanning processes for returned OMR sheets accurately and in line with departmental operating procedures
- Undertake the verification of scanned OMR sheets in line with departmental operating procedures
- Always maintain exam records and archives in an up-to-date and accurate state
- Arrange for exams to be invoiced within agreed timeframes and support processing as required
- Carry out other ad-hoc assignments as assigned
- Improve and automate workflow to establish best practice, streamline processes to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Provide support and back up for the teams working out of the office in Hartford, CT, USA
- Most occasionally work flexibly outside of regular business hours as required by global business.
- Must contribute to the effective running of the department in terms of finance, resource allocation, and business strategy.
- Must occasionally represent the Americas Development department and participate in inter-departmental projects reflecting your areas of responsibility.
- Must contribute to the successful overall operation of WSET by occasionally undertaking such other tasks as may be requested.
- Must operate within agreed budgets.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated success working with customer-facing software solutions
- Demonstrated success working in diverse teams, preferably internationally
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 platform applications
- Fluency in English
- Experience working with digital assessment solutions
- Familiarity with WSET qualifications and examinations as evidenced by completion
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Reliable and flexible
- High level of personal integrity and authority to maintain WSET criteria and standards with customers and across business units
- Organized and paying meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed worker with good problem-solving ability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- 100% employer-paid health insurance, employee-paid dental and vision plans available
- 401K with annual employer non-elective contribution plan
- 25 paid days off per year
- 12-week fully paid parental leave plan
- Flexible work plan for office-based employees
- Generous employee education reimbursement plan, including for WSET qualifications
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned, at any time.
Wine and Spirit Education Trust Americas, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.