William Grant & Sons
Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
This role is being filled by Next Level Agency and can be based out of either New York, NY, San Francisco, CA, Miami, FL, or Austin, TX.
To lead best in class brand and category education. To inspire the trade, press, and consumers to become advocates of the Flor de Caña brand. Lead the development via dotted-line reporting of Brand Associates with a vivacious personality and a high level of integrity.
The position requires an intense travel schedule and working most evening and weekends. The National Brand Ambassador will be a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual who will become the face of the Flor de Caña brand, media and the trade.
- Be seen and respected as the brand expert
- Mentor and develop market-specific Brand Associates to deliver consistent best practice and brand identity
- Developing and maintaining best in class spirit-appropriate education materials for trade and consumer use
- Drive education and accreditation of qualifications for team (e.g. Institute of Brewing & Distilling certifications, WSET education)
- Developing and maintaining a close relationship with key account chains, and National account chains to promote our preferred supplier status based upon category expertise.
- Create training materials and induction program for new associates, optimizing the company’s distillery assets
- Ongoing management of appropriate programs, including education, mentoring, account selection and interface with agency.
- Developing and maintaining a close relationship with key national journalists as well as local journalists in each market for trade, industry and lifestyle media. Using opportunities to build awareness around events, rare and vintage releases, and the distillery
- Lead category participation at key industry events (e.g. Tales of The Cocktail, Rum Congress), shows and festivals
- Develop network of High Net Worth (HNW) individuals, and leverage this for the promotion of Flor de Caña projects, and work with sales to optimize these sales, identifying opportunities that generate press and buzz around the brands
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong spirits background, either through professional experience (e.g. bartending, marketing) or strong personal interest / hobby
- In-depth knowledge of the brand and curiosity about the category and industry
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build sustainable rapport with key contacts within the business and wider consumer group, in formal and informal (social) settings
- Ability to express self in a clear, succinct, compelling and energetic manner in individual and group situations, adjusting language and style to capture the attention of the audience and organizational skills
- Skills in leading and motivating people to achieve individual, team and project results
- Champion of new ideas and initiatives; ability to identify new business opportunities and makes them a reality
- Willing to travel about 75% of the time as required