About The Position
The main responsibilities for this role will be to build brand engagement with trade, consumers, and distributor in both on and off premise. This will be accomplished by activating key accounts with the local on/off premise universe; driving creative consumer engagement; conducting trade & distributor education; and being responsible for specific KPI’s. A cross between a traditional brand ambassador and a regional business manager, a Market Manager is expected to roll up their sleeves, think strategically and creatively to achieve specific sales and brand goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Division Vice President– East
- Build and maintain business relationships with account key decision makers (KDM).
- Conduct brand training for accounts as well as distributor teams & consumers.
- Activate consumer and trade events to generate brand awareness, engagement, and trial.
- Regular communication and meeting cadence with local sales and distributor teams.
- Gathering and utilizing business intelligence on prospects to support sales calls, product presentations and driving new business.
- Monitor and provide detailed recaps on all on/off premise programs.
- Be fiscally responsible and accountable for given budgets to maximize ROI.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- An Entrepreneurial spirit exhibiting passion, ambition, hard work and leadership to drive success.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Must be results oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Self-disciplined and flexible self-starter, with confidence and drive to work independently and meet all project deadlines, including frequently working outside normal business hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required including the experience and ability to present in front of both large and small groups.
- Minimum 3 years of wine/spirits industry experience.
- Required to live with-in or in close proximity of assigned territory.
- Knowledge of spirits, craft production, and/or the food and beverage industry are required.
- Must have a valid US state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Must be able to work occasional nights & weekends.
- Must be able to lift 10-40 lbs. on a regular basis.
Compensation and benefits:
- Base salary
- Incentive bonus program
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Health Care Benefits
- Vacation, Paid Sick time, and company holidays
- T&E, Car Allowance, Phone & Internet allowance
- Growth opportunity