Other and TechView Full Profile
About The Position
Who We Are: WeStock is the first crowdstocking platform, empowering consumers to customize their retail experience through product requests. We do this by partnering with emerging brands and streamlining their product request process, making it easier than ever for consumers to support their favorite brands.
Since launching we have processed over 40,000 requests for our 250+ brand partners. Our focus is to increase sales, velocity, and access to data to emerging brands around the world.
About 35% of our brand partners do under $1M in sales each year. They have amazing brands and innovative products but are often wearing multiple hats within their organization and unable to afford an internal sales director.
Position Summary: WeStock’s sales staff as a service program will allow brands to have a dedicated sales director for their business no matter the size. You will represent between 4-5 of our emerging brands at one time. This person will be employed by WeStock, but will work with each company individually and represent them fully as their sales director.
Responsibilities: Achieving sales goals for all assigned brand partners. The ideal candidate will have had past experience in account management and will have a deep understanding of what it takes for an emerging brand to go from $1M in sales to $3-5M annually. This position requires a self-starter who values the ability to make their own schedule and work with multiple brands. This person must be comfortable in a startup environment.
Location: The position is remote (SF, or LA based), full-time, and salary plus commission.
- Meet with and establish relationships with buyers, category managers & store managers (Travel 50%)
- Plan and meet all revenue goals for assigned brand partners
- Create and implement a 2020 category review, sales and promotional calendar for each brand manager
- Manage trade spend efforts and have a clear understanding of how to price products for various retailers and distributors.
- Create compelling sales presentations based on WeStock and syndicated data.
- Work directly with brokers and create a comprehensive broker plan based on actionable sales goals.
- Work directly with distributors on the ground, supporting and managing key accounts.
- Manage merchandising teams and stay on top of reorders.
- Be present for any event, trade show or demo requested by a brand partner
- Work with Marketing teams to enhance in-store promotions.
- The position is remote for now, but we prefer that the candidate is in the Tri-state area.
- Must be comfortable in a startup environment and a self-starter
- 3-5+ years of sales experience, specifically growing sales for emerging brands
- Natural foods and emerging brand experience preferred
- Possess a key functional understanding of trade management and category management
- Prior experience with brand development and systems to support aggressive business growth
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as marketing, finance, operations.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, verbal and written communications skills
- Candidate must be a proficient user in POWERPOINT, WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK and SPINS/Nielsen
- Bachelor’s degree; business and marketing majors preferred
- Reports To CEO