About The Position
Seeking a proven candidate that is willing to work retail with a highly competitive drive. Executing our sales, distribution and merchandising goals will be paramount to success in the position.
Opportunity to join a fast growing, consumer focused beverage alcohol supplier. Western Spirits Beverage Company sells products across many categories in the beverage alcohol space. Known for our “Most Awarded” Flavored Whiskey, Bird Dog, we continue to bring award winning products to market in the US.
Our RDT RAM position is an off-premise focused retail account specialist that will develop a designated territory on new product offerings. The primary focus will be on building key retail relationships, merchandising and selling into retailers. Working across distributor sales teams driving distribution and sell-thru of our products.
- Proven success in driving growth, gaining market share, and growing distribution at retail in beverage
- Sell new and expanded distribution to off premise accounts. RAM will aggressively target designated account list both individually and in partnership with distributors to maximize shelf space on warm shelf, displays, cold box and secondary locations
- Merchandising each account in accordance with brand standards set forth by WS
- Basic understanding of distributor and retail pricing targets, ensure execution
- Work with and train distributor sales reps on sell in of product, merchandising and sampling
- 1-3 years of critical experience selling to retail grocery, drug, convenience, mass merch, liquor stores and merchandising the category with point of sale.
- Visit and track retail accounts, key contacts and document in provided CRM tool on a daily basis
- Working knowledge of retailer schematics to maintain integrity and lead remerchandising projects
- Continually monitor sales and develop methods for uncovering new opportunities for our brands
- Conduct store level tastings and participate in event marketing opportunities
- Execute trade marketing campaigns to drive velocity for brands
- Keep all POS up to date, organized and available daily for each retail visit
- Account base will consist of 100-150 targeted high-volume accounts.
- Candidates must be willing to work inner city retail stores with a call frequency of 8-10 stores per day.
- 1-5 years experience in related beverage position working retail across multiple channels: Independent, Convenience, Drug, Grocery and Large Format
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to perform physical tasks including lifting up to 50 lbs. to merchandise products effectively
- Solid organizational and time management skills including the ability to work independently
- We offer remote-based positions with salary, bonus, benefits, 401K, car allowance, and phone allowance.