What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do...
Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Walmart Global Tech is looking for a hands-on engineer to help us solve complex customer order management problem. You will be one of the key members of the team working with Architects to learn and participate designing and building new features. Inspire teams to engage and enable solutions around complex Identity features across backend.
You will be working closely with business and product for a mission which is going to get Walmart eCommerce to the next level.
Do you thrive in a start-up like culture and want to work with a company which is defining and building the next generation digital experiences and have an impact on hundreds of millions of users?
If so....We Want To Talk To YOU! Position Description:
- Expertise on problem solving and algorithm based approach solutions
- Hands on development on building n-tier applications using RESTful Services, Java/J2EE, Oracle and related technologies.
- Participate in managing code & configurations for multiple environments, release management process, creating and maintaining environment configuration and controls, code integrity and work closely with platform team
- Analyzing business requirements, story-boards and similar artifacts of the scrum process, work in an agile development environment with a quick turnaround time and iterative builds.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues and provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java/J2EE, REST Services, and related technologies.
- Hands on Experience with Hibernate, Spring, CXF.
- Hands on experience with RDBMS (Oracle), PL/SQL.
- Experience with no-sql technologies like Couchbase or Cassandra
- Experience with distributed publish-subscribe messaging system like Kafka
- Experience configuring & deploying applications on J2EE application server (Apache Tomcat, TomEE).
- Expertise in SaaS application development.
- Experience with UNIX shell and scripting.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Care, Customer Service, Information Technology, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, Troubleshooting About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?