What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do...
The Global Workforce Management (GWFM) team is responsible for the systems and applications which produce the labor demand and work schedules for our Associates in Walmart US Stores, Distribution Centers, Sam's Clubs and in many International countries. We have technical teams located in Bentonville, Mexico City and Dublin. This position will have a high responsibility for coordination, planning and communication with our business and product teams, the GWFM technical teams as well as many partnering technical teams.
- Ensures project manager development and continued successful performance by providing mentoring; monitoring program and individual project progress; providing periodic project status reports and executive summaries to stakeholders and management; developing new project managers to ensure skills are aligned with established Project Management Organization (PMO) standards; and providing mentorship and guidance to peers and management on methodology and practice.
- Develops project management practices by adhering to the principles of the Walmart Global eCommerce (GEC) project management methodologies (for example, Agile); promoting the principles and business value of project methodologies throughout the organization; leading and contributing to the development and improvement of the Global eCommerce project methodologies; and communicating needed changes and participating in established feedback channels.
- Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors (for example, software vendors, hardware vendors, photo vendors, content providers) by coordinating internal and vendor schedules and priorities; integrating teams and vendors into project strategy; communicating project status; evaluating system capabilities and ensuring sustainable functionality; ensuring delivery of proper functionality; and managing communications from vendors to internal stakeholders.
- Manages multiple highly complex projects (for example, system integrations) or a large complex Global eCommerce program by driving projects through the lifecycle phases to successful completion as defined in project's charter; serving as the project lead (for example, scrum master) for multiple projects; developing and maintaining a project schedule to track milestones; developing and executing plans for managing risk; escalating project-related issues to management in accordance with project guidelines and requirements; managing project change control processes; coordinating production issue resolution; interpreting data to help guide teams towards issue resolution and risk management; making recommendations regarding solutions to problems or issues; and presenting project status updates to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
- Leads the development of eCommerce projects and programs by collaborating with subject matter experts to develop project scope; forecasting projected expenses; developing and managing project or program budget; establishing metrics to ensure adherence to established expectations; developing capital and resource plans; developing project timelines and deliverables; ensuring successful delivery; and providing feedback regarding project success.
Additional Preferred Qualification:
- Background in Workforce Management operations and/or implementations.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 9 years' technical program management experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?