What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do...
Walmart US Tech - Customer Engineering is looking for an innovative and solutions-oriented Senior Software Engineer - Technical Operations to lead and support the day-to-day operations, ensuring that systems and services that power our Walmart US Tech organization are functioning effectively. In this role, you will be supporting services that have a direct impact on the customer experience and work closely with our Engineering, Product and other business partners to improve the reliability of technologies ranging from the introduction of new processes, features or technologies to documentation and/or improvement of existing processes.Position Description
- Support Data Operations for key US Technology initiatives (including setup, reingest for Stage and Prod)
- Monitoring for data related spikes on RTs and leading the troubleshooting & triage
- Drive escalation of issues, coordinate key tech team across the organization in the escalation process, and manage the resolution of issues
- Support/Plan for tools and monitoring enhancements
- Work with Engineering, Product and other business partners to improve the reliability of technologies ranging from the introduction of new processes, features or technologies to documentation and/or improvement of existing processes
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Have a great understanding of continuous integration tools and frameworks like Jenkins
- Troubleshoots business, production issues and on-call support.
- Excellent data analytics skills with a strong focus on execution
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years experience building applications
- Experience working on relational database design - MySQL, Oracle, SOLR, NoSQL - Cassandra, Mango DB, and Hive
- Good understanding of continuous integration tools and frameworks like Jenkins
- Experience in dealing with the performance tuning for very large-scale apps
- Experience in writing scripting using Perl, Python and Shell scripting
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building system requirements, Information Technology, Project Management, Troubleshooting
Information Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?