What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do... What you'll do
The Walmart marketing product management team is responsible for building and enhancing the next generation global capabilities for our rapidly expanding customer base. Walmart puts customers first and our marketing efforts lead our digital dialogue with them. To operate these efforts at internet scale, we have created an internal marketing technology stack fueled by advanced data science and world-class engineering efforts.
As a Senior Director of product management, you will play a unique role to engage with a broad array of stakeholders to envision, launch, test and optimize our next generation of platforms and solutions. In addition to product and technical responsibilities, you will also be accountable for the business outcomes of your solutions. This is an opportunity for a unique individual with a combination of deep technical experience, product sensibility and strong business acumen.
- Deep domain experience across a wide array of marketing technology solutions spanning both channels (SEM, SEO, CRM [email, push], display advertising, paid social, affiliates, etc.) as well as the horizontal platforms that drive them.
- Lead and hire a team of product managers to drive engineering deliverables and KPIs across all performance marketing channels.
- Advocate Planning and Continuous Improvement by setting and communicating clear and aligned goals and monitoring progress. Develop and implement plans and practices to ensure others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to succeed. Sponsor continuous improvement and elimination of non-value-added work. Embraces, values, and implements diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Build diverse, high-performing teams that accomplish organizational changes, goals, and priorities. Ensure strategies, change initiatives, and competitive information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Listen to, leverage, and promote the diverse ideas, perspectives, and contributions of others across the business.
- Develop talent and replacement plan for own organization that increases effectiveness, builds diversity, and enhances bench strength. Identifies, utilizes, and integrates associates' strengths to produce improved results. Creates an environment where people and processes are used effectively to improve associate performance and achieve desired results throughout own organization. Mentors, guides, and sponsors the development of key talent.
- Create strategies that align with the company strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities. Assesses deliverables against leading industry practices and implements plans that leverage company advantages. Works through different strategic options and determines their intended and unintended implications, and applies to business planning.
- Nexus of communication and planning between executive leaders, marketers, data scientists and engineers. Ability to lead each of these audiences with confidence and authority
- Direct analysis and reporting of strategic data to drive innovation and exploration of new product development opportunities.
- Evaluate product development initiatives across multiple business categories to ensure they are consistent with established trends and organizational strategy.
- Lead technology reviews, initiate strategic technology partnerships and RFI processes. Drive buy vs. build decisions at all levels of the technology stack.
- Undertake data analysis and validation including troubleshooting of issues as they arise.
- Equal ability to understand and influence business priorities as well as technical architecture.
- Communicate with precision, economy of expression and an innate ability to reduce complexity.
- Lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 8 years' product management experience OR 12 years' product management experience. 3 years' supervisory experience Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?