What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do...
Walmart's Advertising Technology group enables the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at an unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This position is part of the Sponsored Products team in the Advertising Technology organization. Walmart is investing in building a world-class advertising platform and the Sponsored Products team is responsible for building performance advertising products that drive discovery, sales and profit. The team operates an end to end advertising platform that includes the ad server that serves hundreds of millions of impressions each day, sophisticated ad matching algorithms, real-time measurement, self-service buying interface for end to end campaign management.
We are a highly motivated group of engineers and data scientists, working in an agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We serve billions of ad requests every month with our high-performance ad servers. We build smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online and offline user activity. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms to analyze data. Above all, we are passionate about delivering experiences that our customers and advertisers love. In this role, you will:
- Develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- Gain exposure to various technologies used in Advertising and E-commerce platforms.
- Work with the data scientists and product managers to carry out various experiments across different areas of the AdTech platforms to improve customer experience and ad relevance.
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
Nice to have:
Over 8 years of experience in architecting large scale syste ms with challenges of scalability and delivering sub-second latencies on 99.99% uptime.
- Experience leading a scrum team and executing projects end to end
- Experience in internet-scale distributed technologies (e.g. Solr, Kafka, Mem Cache, etc.) and/or Big Data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Storm, etc.)
- Relevant experience with relational / non-relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc)
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, etc)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in the advertising domain
- Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, and system architecture with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt.
- Strong inclination towards exploring and learning new technologies
- Understanding of machine learning
- Hands-on experience developing in a service-oriented architecture for a Linux environment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering OR PhD. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?