What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do...
As a Principal Data Engineer, Customer Analytics, you will help the World's largest omnichannel retailer model, collect, process, transform, organize and leverage robust data sets that will be used to manage and optimize the business. This Staff Data Engineer will Architect, Design, Develop and Deliver end-to-end data pipelines in a Cloud and Hybrid environment to build a generic and comprehensive Customer Data Platform to support Customer Analytics. This Staff Data Engineer partners with other Engineering teams to collect, ingest, and process customer data to support various customer centric reporting initiatives.
- Lead Customer Lifecycle and Customer Data domains from Data Engineering perspective
- Help Marketing organization to become a 100% data driven organization by building a next generation data platform that brings accurate and timely data to the Marketers
- Architect, Design, Develop and Maintain multiple robust, scalable and generic data pipelines to support initiatives such as customer centric data platform.
- Provide data architecture that is flexible, scalable, and consistent for cross-functional use, and aligned to stakeholder business requirements.
- Design and Build realtime analytics platform by leveraging Apache Flume, Kafka, and Spark Structured Streaming or similar technologies
- Enhance and Maintain a Google Cloud based data platform built using DataProc, PubSub, Cloud Storage, Jupyter Hub (Jupyter Notebooks) and Livy
- Build API connectors to source in Marketing spend and performance data from external partners
- Build analytical tools to increase productivity of Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Marketers
- Work with machine learning/data science team on implementation of data with AI models
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, address speed/performance issues
- Work with BI and data science team members to assist them in accessing and leveraging key data sets
- Define SLA and acceptable time lags by data source, define QA process, and socialize resolution process to ensure data accuracy and consistency
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 7 years' experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related
4 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years' experience in software engineering About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Similar jobs to check out:
What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do... Walmart's Advertising Technology group enables the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at an unprecedented scale. As primary stewards...
What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do... Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strat...
What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do... As a Staff Data Engineer, Backend, you will help the World's largest omnichannel retailer model, collect, process, transform, organize and leverage robu...