What you'll do Position Summary... What you'll do...
- Leads the execution of hourly and salaried Workforce Management programs and initiatives by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; identifying barriers and obstacles that impact plan execution; providing guidance and training resources; measuring plan progress and performance; and developing contingency plans.
- Drives the Workforce Management strategy to improve associate experiences, retention, and business performance by ensuring the execution of "Schedule Right" in all assigned stores; reviewing and assessing scheduling and staffing data to translate into required actions to improve scheduling performance.
- Manages the talent acquisition strategy for assigned stores by developing, communicating, and delivering recruiting strategies to attract and maintain a skilled and engaged workforce; forming strategic partnerships and leveraging talent acquisition techniques to source a diverse candidate pool; screening candidates for qualifications and coordinating with hiring managers to arrange interviews; gathering and facilitating feedback from managers on candidates; managing the job offer process, including negotiating and communicating job offer information.
- Manages talent pipelines by assessing talent, providing succession plans, and implementing talent programs; analyzing talent data, tools, and systems to diagnose gaps and identify trends that impact the workforce; providing resources for talent and workforce development; supporting mentorship programs; and leveraging talent to create career progression opportunities and increase management retention.
- Manages talent review activities by overseeing talent programs and initiatives (for example, quarterly conversations, performance and talent calibration processes, annual talent reviews) to understand talent gaps, potential attrition, and high potential talent in assigned area; incorporating data from talent review meetings into recruiting and workforce planning strategies and initiatives.
- Ensures business needs are met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current Workforce Management and talent plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in a Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, and 2 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist or
Specialist supporting a multi-unit/multi-business environment OR 3 years' Walmart management experience with 2 years' experience supervising
other salaried managers.
Associate will be required to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments.
Valid state-issued driver's license. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading or partnering with cross-functional teams., Master's Degree in a Human Resources field (for example, Industrial Relations), Workforce planning About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?