What you'll do
What you'll do...
Bonobos is seeking a strategic and innovative Creative Director to help us make fit happen. As the Creative Director at Bonobos, you'll work in partnership with the Sr. Director Editorial & Content, and Sr. Director Growth Marketing, to drive our business with marketing concepts & creative that is both highly performant, and builds our brand. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for managing a team of designers and copywriters to create concepts and execute marketing assets for all channels (digital and non-digital). With a recently developed brand book, we are looking for the right person to embrace the vision and bring it to life across all we do creatively.
• Develop a strong understanding of our brand and align all creative concepting, strategy and execution to that vision
• Guide your team to closely analyze briefs, developing unique, culturally relevant ideas for digital, video, ecommerce, editorial, events, PR and more
• Direct the presentation and execution of marketing and advertising campaigns for all channels; including traditional print/OOH, web, OTT/programmatic, email, social, video, and on-site
• Responsible for personal or team-lead art direction for all photo and video shoots
• Collaborate with external partners including creative, media and PR agencies to amplify ideas and campaigns
• Work closely with the performance team to optimize and improve cross-platform digital marketing creative
• Work with head of internal studio to provide guidance to optimize eComm photography
• Build, direct and inspire team and all creative processes, including mentorship and professional development
• Support your team and be prepared to defend their work, but do so thoughtfully and collaboratively
• Meet frequently with your team to ensure work is delivering up to standards and beyond
• Build your team internally by staffing and recruiting candidates for all facets of the creative team
• Have 15+ years experience developing creative from idea to execution across marketing channels, both digital and non-digital
• Are experienced with all aspects of creative development including typography, photography, graphic design, illustration and copywriting (managing videography is a bonus!)
• Set an example of creative excellence that inspires and guides a team to always reach for the highest brand standards
• Have a passion and track-record of developing ideas and concepts that resonate with consumers and drive engagement as well as action, bringing big ideas to the table that shape the brand across all media and executions
• Have a strong rolodex of creative partners -- photographers, production, videographers, freelancers, agencies -- you can bring to the table
• Have strong communication skills, and are able to work collaboratively both across channels and departments
• Communicate early and often with cross-functional partners
• Lead with passion and positivity
• Recognize and apply the values of inclusivity, diversity and representation to your work and those you work with
• Receive feedback with an open heart and mind
• Are solutions-oriented and proactive
• Have ideally worked both in an agency and in-house, and are comfortable working as the lead of an "in-house creative agency"
• Are comfortable working in a data-driven environment, using data to inform and optimize creative assets
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
• Have, at some point in life, worn, considered wearing, or know someone who wears, pants
• Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
• Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy - often over experience
• Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
• Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
• Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
• Are excited to hear from you
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 7 years' experience leading creative teams OR 9 years' experience leading creative teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Managing Brand Initiatives for Product Launches, Managing Budgets, Including Budget Forecasting and Reporting Financials, Managing cross-functional teams in a retail creative environment, Managing large scale interactive campaigns in an online creative or related digital field, Managing Vendor Contracts and Relationships, Working for or with creative agencies
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?