About The Position
The Database Manager will be responsible for working with stakeholders across multiple departments to provide value through enhanced data analytics and tech-based automation for high-value applications such as forecasting and planninng.
The full-time Database Manager will be responsible for working with stakeholders across multiple departments to provide value through enhanced data analytics and tech-based automation. Voss currently manages the use of many systems and technological tools that require upgrade and dedicated maintenance managed by this role. In this role, you will be leveraging data to inform the way we do business with high-value applications such as forecasting and planning and promotional spending.
- Design, create, and maintain relational databases and data systems that are scalable to account for current needs and future growth by recognizing gaps in the current data collection processes and collaborate with key stakeholders on defining key data capture specifications.
- Extract, transform, load, and validate datasets prior to reporting to ensure high quality data of integrity and accuracy, while collaborating with organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Lead development of emergency data storage strategies and retrieval plans, ensuring routine backup operations are managed effectively while upgrading current security parameters.
- Responsible to act as the primary technical support for Voss as the local Help Desk, including creating and maintaining user accounts and supporting staff utilization of these databases through training and technical assistance, both ongoing and as specific needs arise.
- Must be able to develop and deliver clear and effective training and communications around the use of software to both new users and as changes and improvements to those systems are developed and deployed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area: Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, Economics, Data Analytics or Computer Science.
- Hands-on experience (3+ years) in a variety of warehouse implementation and management technologies, techniques, and concepts.
- SQL (within Microsoft Azure environment) and PowerBI experience is required.
- Proficiency in Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Python, ETL, Business Intelligence, Excel VBA, and Forecasting is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience communicating statistical results in a business setting to a diverse audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with team members, management, clients, and consultants.
- Preferred experience or understanding of key business processes and functions within a Beverage or CPG company.
VOSS Water of Norway AS is committed to providing equal opportunity employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.