About The Position
Trapp Family Lodge is a unique, four-season resort specializing in European-style accommodations and cuisine, spectacular mountain vistas, upscale amenities, and outdoor activities. We are a family-owned business celebrating 55 years of welcoming guests to our resort. We pride ourselves on providing a consistent commitment to excellence in the products and services that we offer. von Trapp Brewing first started in 2009 as an Austrian inspired brewery on the grounds of the Trapp Family Lodge.
An important part of our mission is to attract, retain and develop the best talent in the craft beer industry. Our employees take pride in our unique history and award-winning Vermont lagers. We value our employee’s teamwork, motivation and professionalism allowing us to provide and share our Vermont lagers with New England and beyond. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available to you at our resort/brewery and become part of the von Trapp Brewing team!
Regional Sales Manager and New England Key Account Manager
The Regional Sales Manager is key to the success of von Trapp Brewing and our wholesaler partners. The manager is responsible for developing, and growing relationships with On and Off premise accounts and chain stores in New England. This teammate will manage wholesalers and vTb personnel in the New England market. A passion for lagers, integrity, and shared values are paramount to the success of this role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Have a detailed understanding of how wholesalers work; invoicing, pos ordering, scheduling, accounting practices, reporting, and how the reps and supervisors are compensated.
- Working to support direct reports throughout New England.
- Grow core accounts, and open new ones to join our loyal following.
- Identify key events and opportunities to include sponsorships.
- Know and understand the product lineup and pricing of top competitors in the market.
- Be known as the “preferred supplier” by your distributors and their teammates. Help drive vTb sales in their account base and prioritize our brand in their account calls.
- Communication needs to be clear and concise with internal and external personnel.
- Ability to use data tools to analyze and develop weekly and monthly sales strategies.
- Ensure product freshness and rotation in the trade.
- Identify and setup account calls, work withs, trainings, and industry events.
- Preform administration duties to include, expense reports, meeting summaries, CRM reports, manage calendars, and sales analysis.
- Be willing to help vTb teammates throughout our distribution footprint as needed.
- This job requires an excellent work ethic, passion for craft lagers, knowledge of breweries and beer styles, and the ability to grow vTb’s business at retail and at the distributor level.
- Be well acquainted with key decision makers in your market.
- This position requires night and weekend work.
- Extensive car travel is required for this position, and a clean driving record.
- The ideal candidate would live in or around Burlington, Vt.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow revenue within territory YOY through increased points of distribution, chain support, managing allocations and inventory in region.
- Account level work for key accounts, new accounts, and national accounts, supporting activities (promotions, staff trainings, festivals, hand sells) at the account level.
- Plan, manage time, and prioritize as necessary to align efforts with monthly objectives and company sales goals.
- Monthly meetings and sales calls to the chain channel throughout New England.
- Develop and maintain display standards at retail stores.
- Develop and maintain distributor relationships while managing goals and forecasts through quarterly progress reviews.
- Ensures appropriate inventory levels to achieve market goals and quality assurance freshness and standards.
- Ensures consistency with all marketing initiatives throughout territory as well as consistency with overall brand.
- Regular communication of wins, challenges, and opportunities to manager.
- Execute off-premise promotions and special events that generate vTB brand awareness and consumer sampling that support new distribution.
- Required to manage Lilypad for direct reports.
- vTB standard account visit goal is 40 per week or as defined by Director.
- Monitor POS, placements, and product freshness at all accounts.
- Respond to all communications (internal and external) within 24 hours.
- Includes emails, calls, texts, etc.
- Timely submission of administrative reports. It is expected that administrative duties take less than a half day of work and the remainder time is spend in different channels of trade.
- Weekly check ins with Director – this is your time to ask questions, gain guidance, and provide feedback from the market/distributor.
- Any commitments in the trade must be committed within a two-week window such as POS, samplings, wearables, education, etc.
- Punctuality and professionalism matter always.
- Time management; must be able to manage time to effectively close out goals and administrative duties.
- Regularly monitor supply, demand, pricing, competitive brands, industry trends, and positive/negative feedback, and communicate findings with manager.
- Bring an energetic, cooperative, proactive, self-motivated attitude.
- Help any vTb territory as needed.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- BA preferred.
- At least 5 years of sales experience.
- At least 5 years of craft beer experience.
- Chain experience preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- 80% of work is in the field, must work some nights and weekends, this is not a traditional 9-5pm role.
- Valid and clean driver’s record.
- Living in Burlington, Vermont is preferred.
- Experience working with or for a distributor.
- Experience with Microsoft office Suite, and the ability to enter, retrieve and interpret data.
- Experience with VIP, Concur, Lilypad, or other craft beer sales software a plus.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Selected candidates must pass a background and driver’s license check.
- Extensive car travel: average 20,000 miles annually – please work smart, conserve gas and use best practices in the market. Must have reliable transportation and space for items such as cases, kegs, POS, etc.
- Overnight Travel: Trips throughout New England for team support, meetings and to assist in new or existing markets.
- Weekend/ Nights Availability. This will vary depending on the market needs.
- Lifting and moving cases (~35 lbs.) and moving.
At-Will Employment: Employment with von Trapp Brewing Co. may be terminated by either von Trapp or the employee at any time with or without cause or notice.