Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative individuals who have grit, a passion and perseverance to achieve goals, who work collaboratively and with speed to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right attitude, who continually ask questions, who challenge the status quo, who drive change, and who develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Vital Performance team is looking for a driven and passionate Sr. Manager to join our team. This individual will be instrumental to driving the marketing and sales support of our core authentic strategic fitness partners for Vital Performance across the US marketplace. This individual will bring the strategic leadership plan to life and help penetrate and authenticate in this space. They will work collaboratively with the Clubhouse Account Manager, Regional Sales teams, and our Trade Marketing Team. The role will drive fitness education, promotion and event execution at the field level with our core fitness partners fostering and growing the relationships. We seek an individual who is familiar with the Sport and Fitness landscape, and experience with retail accounts. This individual will also have an eye for new opportunities and knowhow to leverage them to help authenticate the brand in this space. They must be a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
As a newer division of Vital Proteins, Vital Performance is our athlete-focused sub brand that caters to performance athletes ranging from professional sports, triathletes, marathon runners, and gym goers that require sustained energy and endurance. This individual must have prior work experience in the sport & fitness industry either at a brand, business or agency. This individual must also have a passion for health, wellness and sports/athletics. The role will work out of our West Loop (Chicago, IL) and be reporting to the Head of Vital Performance.
What you will be responsible for:
- Authenticating the brand and serving the core fitness market for Vital Performance
- Calling on and following through with various Fitness accounts (small and large) while looking for opportunities to grow and authenticate the brand.
- Increasing customer engagement, satisfaction and revenue within the fitness industry helping care for and grow our gym accounts and relationships.
- Working with various fitness industry business owners, marketing teams and trainers to find opportunities to enable wellness and serve their core customer.
- Working with the Vital Performance resources to drive incremental growth through in store demos, education and field based support as needed
- Working closely with sales and trade marketing management on trade spend and setting appropriate expectations with various accounts.
- Planning for, participating in, and supporting trade shows, trade events and major sales events with our core accounts and consumer moments.
Who you are:
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business required
- You have 4-6+ years of previous experience in a retail setting (sales and marketing)
- You are passionate about fitness and wellness with a love for sports and athletics
- You have a demonstrated record of success and overachievement
- Motivated, adaptable and able to work with little direction
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, growing company, able to adapt to change quickly
- Takes initiative and proactively looks for and suggests improvements
- You have an innate curiosity and your natural tendency is to act upon it
- You have great listening, negotiating, and problem-solving skills with a dose of humility
- Have strategic relationships and experience in the health and wellness or fitness markets.
- You are a confident idea generator, brainstormer and strategic thinker
- You have both strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and understand English