Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness, and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right mindset, who continually ask questions, and in turn, will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Role:
The Senior Cost Accountant position is a critical and highly visible role . This person will play a critical role in helping to drive the financial/operational performance of the Production Manufacturing Team. As a Senior Cost Accountant at Vital Proteins supporting the Manufacturing organization, your work will be used throughout the organization to drive improvements in cost, process improvements, and understanding the company. This role will perform complex finance operations tasks and monitor the day-to-day relationships between the Finance and Plant Operations teams to ensure financial goals are being met and in compliance with required policies and procedures. What you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Perform monthly close activities, including journal entries, reviewing FG & WIP completions, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Work with all plants, FP&A, and operations to build/consolidate and analyze departmental/function plans and forecasts
- Query existing systems to extract data and develop reports
- Prepare reports and presentations that summarize the Plant's financial/operations performance
- Translate operational metrics into financial impacts
- Develop and/or streamline reporting processes
- Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in SAP
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer
- You have a Bachelors Degree in accounting
- A minimum of 4-6 years of prior manufacturing finance experience including standard costing, material, labor, and overhead variance analysis required.
- Expert Excel experience is required.
- SAP experience is required.
- You have qualified knowledge of accounting principles, accrual accounting, inventory, cost of goods sold, etc;
- You are self-motivated and directed, with exceptional attention to detail as well as multi-task;
- You are motivated, adaptable, and able to work independently
- You have a history of demonstrated problem solving & negotiation skills
- You have excellent verbal, written, and grammatical communication skills
- You have a strong personal interest in health and wellness, fitness, or beauty
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English