Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth.
At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas.
We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Our offices are located in the West Loop district of downtown Chicago.Role:
The Senior Accountant role is a multi-functional role that will expose the employee to all business aspects of a growing company. You will be responsible for management of various accounting processes including bookkeeping, month end close, internal controls and special projects. You will be pivotal in providing financial analysis to support strategic business initiatives and driving results to achieve Company financial goals. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and operate out of our corporate office located in West Loop.What you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Month-end close processes - journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, general ledger review
- Ownership of reporting and reconciliation for freight and distribution costs
- Provide analytics related to freight and distribution • Reconciling GR/IR and reporting on PPV
- Taking the lead on complex technical accounting matters
- Implementation and execution of internal controls
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Internal financial reporting and analysis for management
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement
- You have a bachelors degree in, accounting, finance or a related field
- 5+ years of previous accounting experience (CPG experience a plus)
- You have experience with SAP
- You are comfortable in a fast paced quickly changing environment
- You are a self-starter with proven ability to take initiative and multi-task
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are not afraid to speak up and ask questions
- You are always looking for ways to improve processes, learn and develop the accounting function
- You have a strong attention to detail, always looking for errors and improving your work
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.