Vital Proteins is a dynamic organization consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, customers and consumers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to hire, develop and support individuals, who continually ask questions and seek out ways to improve strategies and tactics involving our brands, sales, operations, innovation and other go-to market activities. Role:
Directs and coordinates activities of engineering personnel involved with specific projects, which includes the development, design, testing and production implementation of new creative dispense platforms within the company. Must be able manage the project from start to finish. Position requires extensive knowledge of all disciplines of engineering including but not limited to Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Refrigeration, Heating, etc. Employee must be able to implement new design and production techniques. Ideas must be fresh and patentable to provide for a competitive edge. All designs must be certifiable, this position requires extensive knowledge of various certifying body. What you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Plan and formulate engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- On a Regular basis communicate with Stakeholders which may include members from Technical, Trade Assets and Marketing.
- Will be involved with or assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project, based on assets available and project size, such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Must be able to think outside the box to bring new innovative concepts to the engineering department.
- Review product design for compliance with the required performance, sound engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Applies specific understanding of relevant agency approval requirements early in the design process, and coordinates application for and compliance to those agency approvals as required.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases related to their project assignments.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Research and work with vendors, request quotes and supply recommendations.
- Monitor the Alpha and Beta builds of new equipment along with the field testing.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Bachelors' Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 4 - 8 years related experience as a mechanical engineer or related engineering field
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings and documents, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Must have computer literacy and must be competent with common applications, e.g., Microsoft Office, as well as with engineering software for design and solid modeling, e.g., AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor.
- Must be capable of designing and/or directing the design of beverage dispensing equipment from concept through manufacturing. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of manufacturing practices for various materials and the ability to integrate standard components into a working system. Is capable of designing, dispensing equipment along with both heating and refrigerating sub systems.
- Understand electrical and electronic controls sufficient to design or direct the design of those systems, as well as to write meaningful specifications for their creation.
- Ability to design test fixtures, brazing fixtures, assembly fixtures, along with the work instructions related to the designed device.
- Highly preferred but not required is the ability to build and/or fabricate systems and/or complete stationary or working prototype units as part of the Engineering development process. Ordinary shop skills might be enhanced with other abilities such as light machining, welding, and brazing.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.