Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
We are looking for a National Account Manager to support our rapidly growing Food Channel. This role will drive growth and scale of Vital Proteins, growing current accounts while identifying and penetrating "white space." Responsibilities include the development of the Food Channel strategy, account project management and proactive problem solving. The individual will be instrumental in supporting strategic accounts and will have national revenue and trade management responsibility. This role will partner with Sales Leadership on overall strategy and will work cross-functionally among all aspects of sales, including operations, trade marketing,
finance, and education. This role will be based in Chicago (or any major East Coast market, with a preference for Charlotte, NC), reporting to the Director of Food-Conventional Grocery Channel.
What you will be responsible for:
• Relationship and revenue responsibility for national conventional grocery accounts
• Accountability of P&L management and trade budget
• Working closely with retail marketing developing retailer specific support plans
• Evaluating sales promotional/trade spending and effectively track ROI
• Planning for, participating in, and supporting trade shows, trade events and major sales events
• Identifying and penetrating "white space" opportunities
• Additional responsibilities include demand planning, promotional execution, effective communication of SOP's,
and syndicated data analysis to support and grow distribution
Who you are:
• +5 years of national account CPG management experience within the Conventional Grocery Channel
• +3 years' experience working with syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen, SPINs, etc.)
• Have a bachelor's degree in business and or equivalent experience in account management
• Proactive, solution-based sales executive, who builds & cultivates relationships
• Highly organized, tactical, and detail oriented
• Proven record of success and overachievement
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
• Motivated, adaptable, and able to work with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, growth company
• Someone who embraces change and challenges
• Are an active listener with strong negotiating and problem-solving skills - with a dose of humility
• You celebrate your success, and the successes of your team even more
• Willing to travel up to 50% (including nights and weekends)
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.