Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Role
The Document Control Specialist's primary responsibility is to manager company documents while also ensuring their accuracy, quality, and integrity. A background in a food, pharma, or dietary supplement industry a plus. Must have strong knowledge and experience with GDPs. Ability to work in a strong team-based environment is essential. The Document Control Specialist will operate out of the Vital Proteins production facility in Franklin Park. What you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Ensure adherence to record retention policies, safeguard information and retrieve data more effectively.
- Store, manage and track company documents.
- Organize and maintain documents, adhering to the company's document lifecycle procedures, and archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Involved in training employees on Good Documentation Practices, including records management procedures and policies.
- Assist with file migrations and audits, and perform administrative tasks as needed.
- Perform internal audits per policies.
- Create, review and approve Quality and Production documents.
- Creating, reviewing, evaluating, releasing and holding both raw and finished materials per reported testing results.
- Providing management with written reports regarding Quality matters, education provided, problems identified, results achieved and or recommendations regarding Quality.
- Entering Purchasing Orders on behalf of department.
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer
- College degree / some college in related field preferred. High School diploma / GED mandatory.
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment
- Microsoft Office product suite capability including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Experience working in a GMP environment for food, pharma or supplements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets
- Can lift 25-50 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to read, write and understand English