Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness, and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Role: What you will be responsible for: Key Responsibilities:
Who you are:
- Works collaboratively with Innovation/Commercialization and Supply Chain teams to ensure all external product launches meet design, food safety, and quality requirements. This position also provides trouble shooting and technical quality expertise during trials.
- Leads external manufacturer and warehouse audits, including but not limited to:
- Initial viability on new co-man onboarding
- Gap closure follow-ups
- Development of corrective/preventive action plans
- Provide training and coaching to external partners to drive compliance with Vital Proteins, regulatory and industry standards, and best practices.
- Site requalification based on risk
- Continuous improvement activities
- Partners with Supply Chain and Logistics teams to ensure that co-manufactured product is tested, reviewed, and released on-time.
- Leads investigation and manages raw material and finished goods exceptional releases when necessary.
- Creates/maintains updates of all Product Instruction Sheets (PIS), reviews, and obtains acknowledgement from the co-manufacturers as needed.
- Management of routine and compliance testing, data entry, and out-of-specification (OOS) investigation. Calls out product specific testing including Organic, Kosher, claim testing (Lactose-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, etc.)
- Owns SAP workflows for all finished goods (FERTS) including non-conforming material management and disposition.
- Support all external plants batch management, Quality Management (QM) setup, inspection plan setup, master data health checks, and trace reporting.
- Supports co-manufacturing product artwork reviews and approvals.
- Monitors and reports consumer/customer complaints and trends; Identifies and directs appropriate corrective/preventive action plans with cross functional partners.
- Enforce change control process in all co-manufacturing sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science; Food Safety; Chemistry; Engineering, Chemistry, or closely related discipline is required OR relevant combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of experience in food, supplement and/or pharmaceutical industry with relevant co-man quality experience.
- HACCP, PCQI, and/or SQF certification preferred. Must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Must have a strong knowledge of food safety, dietary supplement/pharmaceutical, and quality management systems (NSF, GFSI, FSMA, etc.), structured problem solving and continuous improvement concepts and practices.
- Thorough understanding of raw materials, in-process and finished products' attributes.
- You are a strong problem solver that is ready to be challenged at a higher level. You are detail oriented, a good communicator, a team player, and excited about professional growth.
- Must be able to draw on personal experience and apply your own judgment to reach firm decisions.
- Must have demonstrated experience with driving change and motivating others and leading teams that are not direct reports.
- You are able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with different levels of employees and across multiple functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, as well as function as an effective team member.
- Must be able to multitask effectively and able to adapt to unplanned priority changes while maintaining consistent, high quality work standards.
- A strong knowledge documentation as well interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are also must haves.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.