Vital Proteins is a dynamic organization consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, customers and consumers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to hire, develop and support individuals, who continually ask questions and seek out ways to improve strategies and tactics involving our brands, sales, operations, innovation and other go-to market activities. Role:
Reporting to the Associate Director - Brand Management, Vital Proteins is looking to hire a driven Brand Manager for our Vital Proteins Core portfolio
. This role will be responsible for brand strategy and driving implementation through daily business management. The Brand Manager will act as a strategic partner with Sales, Sales Strategy, Retail Marketing, Innovation, and other cross-functional groups, with the goal of growing and transforming the portfolio. You must have prior CPG work experience in the day-to-day brand marketing. The role will work out of our West Loop (Chicago, IL) office in a hybrid model. What you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Supports Associate Director to create annual brand plan for assigned product portfolio.
- Leads execution of brand plan across assigned product portfolio.
- Acts as the category expert, understanding the industry, market, channels, customers, consumers, and competition.
- Partner with Consumer Insights to develop a learning plan to understand, align and activate against target consumer.
- Identifies opportunities and implements plans for renovations, discontinuations, line extensions, and new product introductions, including business case assessment, profitability targets and consumer and customer relevance.
- Coordinate and lead a variety of cross-functional teams for the business in order to deliver strategies and short- and long-term goals.
- Conduct ongoing business analysis and reporting.
- Evaluate and provide progress against plan and recommends corrective action as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 3-5 Years of experience preferred in brand marketing
- Prior CPG experience required
- You can work in ambiguity and embrace change and challenges within a fast-growing company
- You are an effective cross-functional lead with strong leadership, communication, and influence across sales and marketing
- You have strong Interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and project management skills
- You are a true problem solver, highly collaborative and seek to define and improve processes and programs as you work through challenges
- You have a high attention to detail and possess critical thinking skills
- You have experience with advanced analytical tools (e.g. IRI/ Nielsen)
- You have strong time management and organization skills and are able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- You are able to read, write and understand English
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.