About The Position
Vintage Wine Estates is a dynamic, growing organization seeking 2022 Harvest Interns to join our team at Clos Pegase Winery. We are looking for individuals who have a strong work ethic with attention to detail, who are team players and quick learners in a fast-paced environment.
The focus at Clos Pegase Winery is to create ultra premium estate wines from the Napa Valley. We are located near the town of Calistoga. In addition to the Clos Pegase Winery labels, we produce other wines within our company’s portfolio – Delectus and Swanson to name a few.
The period of employment would extend from approximately early August through November with possible extension.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sorting, crushing and pressing of over 10 different grape varieties.
- Sanitation of all winery equipment
- Must, juice and wine additions
- Pump-overs and punch-downs
- Tank dig-outs
- Juice and wine movements
- Barrel work: racking, filling, sulfuring, topping, and stirring.
- Fermentation monitoring
- Forklift driving if skilled
- Able to work safely in busy production environment and around equipment and chemicals.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate with supervisors and co-workers (bilingual Spanish and English a plus)
- Good attention to detail and quality
- Previous winery experiences preferred.
- Must share company values: integrity, respect, value creation, compliance, customer focus.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an evolving environment with enthusiasm.
- Basic English reading and writing skills.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
- Able to work long periods while walking and standing
- Able to climb stairs and ladders multiple times / day
- Able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Able to wear a full-face respirator and work with sulfur dioxide
- Wearing Contact lenses is prohibited
- Flexible schedule, ability to work long hours, various shifts and weekends
- During harvest, we operate two shifts which include late and overnights, partial shifts and weekends
- Work boots with leather upper or other heavy-duty material, non-slip soles, ankle protection and safety toes (steel or composite).
Vintage Wine Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identify or expression, sexual orientaiton, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.