About The Position
Vermont Cider Company is looking for a highly motivated, super-organized self-starter to fill the role of Regulatory Affairs Specialist/Legal Assistant.
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist/Legal Assistant coordinates numerous aspects of the Legal Department’s regulatory and compliance operations under the supervision of the Corporate Legal Director. Responsibilities will include assisting with corporate and alcohol beverage licenses, state brand registrations, sales permits, and bonds, company contracts, trademark maintenance, general correspondence, and other legal department projects as necessary. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a heavily regulated and licensed industry.
- Responsible for the procurement and maintenance of corporate licenses, state alcoholic beverage licenses and sales permits to ensure the company remains compliant and in good standing with the state and federal regulatory authorities.
- Responsible for the state registration of new brands, line extensions, and packages to timely meet in-market launch dates.
- Responsible for state distributor registration.
- Responsible for state price posting.
- Maintain accurate records of licenses, permits, label approvals and bonds through electronic and physical files.
- Responsible for contract management system, circulating contracts for digital signature via DocuSign, maintaining company contract files and logs.
- Maintain trademark logs and files, assist with items required for trademark maintenance.
- Review alcohol beverage labels for compliance with laws and regulations. Maintain logs of approved labels.
- Assist with special legal projects and confidential corporate matters.
- Five or more years of experience as an administrative or project assistant in a legal, beverage alcohol, pharmaceutical, or consumer packaged-goods company or commensurate experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Familiarity with state and federal alcohol beverage laws and regulations strongly desired.
- Requires excellent proofing, communication, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels and multiple projects at one time; attention to detail is critical.
- Requires typing proficiency and the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and all types of office equipment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when needed on occasion (e.g., working late or through lunch to meet tight deadlines); minimal travel may be required.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential/sensitive material with the utmost discretion and in a professional manner; experience working in a legal environment is a plus.
- Must be diligent with tasks follow-up and have the ability to both adhere to strict deadlines and appropriately manage expectations when dealing with such deadlines; project management experience a notable advantage.
- Must excel at taking initiative, following through and handling a variety of responsibilities and meeting deadlines in a timely manner.
Vermont Cider Company offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family.
- Health: Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Core-Benefits: Life, Long Term Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by VCC
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off (up to 3 weeks in 1st year) plus up to 10 paid holidays per year
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan with Employer matching, Group Voluntary Benefits, Employee Product Allowance, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
Equal Opportunity Employer